As tiny as it may be, this country is so varied in terrain and activities that you can spend weeks here and never tire of all the top things to do in Belize!
7 Activities To Do In Belize
1. Snorkeling – Belize is surrounded by the second largest barrier reef in the world. The best snorkeling is done by Ambergris Caye. Here you can head to the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and the Shark Ray Alley! We took a great private tour with Unique Dive Adventures. Taking a private tour with kids makes such a difference. We snorkeled with nurse sharks, turtles and sting rays!
2. Diving – This is a biggy here. We stayed with the snorkeling because of our kids. But a lot of couples and families with kids 10 and older.
3. Kayaking – This is so great to do on the Caribbean sea. The waters are calm, warm and most hotels have kayaks available at hand.
4. Biking – this is without a doubt the best way to get around the beach areas, especially the cayes which are smaller and so easy to ride around. Most hotels have bikes at their disposal.
5. Golf Carts – this is a must do in Ambergris Caye, one of the best places to stay in Belize. Why? Because the northern island is all mangroves and simply gorgeous, and the only way to get to see this natural wonder would be in a Golf Cart.
6. Hiking and caving – When visiting the San Ignacio area – this is fantastic for Maya ruins, caves that are known as some of the best going all the way up to the Yucatan! And the hiking is simply amazing.
7. Wildlife viewing – Butterflies, monkeys, marine life. There is never a shortage of friendly creatures that you can have up close encounters with! And you can get this action simply sitting on your porch of your hotel.
Thanks to my brother for the great Kayaking picture. Here’s more of his amazing work:
Greg Kuperman Photography.
Enjoyed this post? Pin it!