I’m sure most of you love luxury hotels, great restaurants, and enjoying nature. Well, I happen to know a place in Costa Rica where you will find all that and is located only 7km away from a town called Quepos. I’m talking about The Manuel Antonio National Park.
This is the second most visited park in Costa Rica, but I’m sure it would be number one if it was closer to San Jose like the Poas Volcano National Park. This park has the killer combination of the rain forest, white-sanded beaches, mangroves, and almost over 100 mammal species including the cute yet endangered squirrel monkey. In my opinion, this is the best place to see wildlife after the Corcovado National Park.
Manuel Antonio National Park Activities
- Guided hiking tour along the many trails of this park – You can probably do a tour without guides and won’t get lost. But you will also miss all of the knowledge that they share with you.
- Snorkeling along its beautiful coasts – The great part is that you don’t need more than a quick set of instructions from local guides on how to use the equipment to be able to enjoy this.
- Cruising in search for dolphins and whales – This can’t be done year-round, but if you are here between January and April you might be able to find some of these gorgeous animals while sailing along the coasts of Manuel Antonio
- Horseback riding along the coast – There are some companies that are offering these amazing tours. The only thing to look out for and do good research to ensure that you go for a company that treats their horses well.
Best Beaches In Manuel Antonio National Park
- Playa Espadilla Sur – This is the longest and widest beach of the Manuel Antonio / Quepos area and is great for those looking to do some surfing.
- Playa Manuel Antonio – This one is perfect for a family day out, it has picnic tables, drinking water, showers, and plenty of shade. It is also the most crowded one with tons of tourists.
- Playa Gemelas – One of the less crowded beaches because of the strong tides, I don’t recommend going with kids. But experienced surfers might have a blast riding its waves.
- Playa Playitas – It has tranquil and super clear waters, great for a romantic walk or a chill time with older kids.
As you might be able to see, the beaches of Manuel Antonio are one of the best places to go to in Costa Rica for those looking for a mixture of luxury, nature, and beautiful private beaches. It is definitely a place you should consider for your next vacation.
Enjoyed this post? Pin it!