California is one of the most visited states in the country. Widely known for being home to the fabulous Hollywood area and for being a gem for nature and adventure lovers with all of its amazing forests, park, and lakes.Seven things to do in California and six amazing vacation rentals to stay while traveling along the state.Find a list of travel guide to CA.
When planning a tip to California, you will find an endless list of things to do, and it can get a bit confusing. So I have come up with a short list of my favorite things to do in it and some cool places where you can stay at.
Top 7 Things to Do in California
Out of the thousands of things to do while visiting California, I came up with a short list of seven of my favorite ones.
These are mainly for families and more focused on its natural beauties, but anyone can enjoy them.
1. Redwood National Park – This is a gorgeous space with woodland, rivers and coastline. It is also home to Redwood trees which are some of the oldest and tallest trees in the United States. There are amazing trails that can keep you occupied for as little as one day or as much as a week.
2. Sequoia National Park – The forest of this national park is home to five out of ten of the largest trees in the world. Plus, it was designated the UNESCO Sequoia-Kings Canyon Biosphere Reserve in 1976. In it you will find the famous General Sherman, it is a Giant Sequoia amongst the largest in the world.
3. San Diego Zoo – The place is home to over 3,700 animals of 650 species. Another cool thing about it is that this is a not-for-profit zoo and is the largest zoological membership association in the world. The zoo has also won several awards for its conservation programs and educational exhibits.
4. Venice Beach – This one is part of The City of Los Angeles and one of is most stunning beaches. Here you can expect to find attractions like street performers, cyclists and people renting bikes, roller-skaters, places to go swimming and areas for sunbathers and even the famous Muscle Beach which is an open air, beach-side gym.
5. Disneyland – While in California you can’t miss Disneyland one of the most famous amusement parks in the world.
6. Golden Gate Bridge – This is San Francisco’s most famous landmark and one of the most recognizable landmarks in the US. You can have a lot of fun on a priate tour where you learn all about its history or taking advantage of the special areas of the bridge that allow you to walk or cycle across it.
7. Lake Tahoe – This is one of the largest lakes in the world and is around 2 million years old. It is a popular summer destination with all of the water sport being offered around it.
A great option can be RV Rental in California with RV share.
Where to Stay in California
If you have followed me for a while you know that vacation rentals are my thing. Whenever there is a good option I take it and prioritize it over hotels. They are just much more practical for traveling as a family or when I want some privacy during a romantic getaway.
So this time instead of recommending a bunch of hotels, I am sharing with you some pretty awesome vacation rentals in California.
- Lovely Safari Cabin Tent near Warner Springs
- Glamping Tree House in Santa Cruz Mountains near Monterey Bay
- Inviting Cabins in the Trees Surrounded by Redwoods near Big Sur
- Spacious Cabins Overlooking Beautiful Fern Valley
- Tree House Rental Perfect for Romantic Getaway in the Redwoods of Santa Cruz
- Unique A-Frame Cabin in the Mountains of San Jacinto
Bonus Tip: Keep in mind that the climate can change a lot when you go from the south to the north an vice-versa. So always carry with you the appropriate clothes for the cold and warm weather.
The United States is an incredible country, here is a quick guide to more tours in the USA.