Miami Universities are prestigious, ranked educational institutions, popular among both Americans and students from all over the world. They offer a variety of modern educational programs, proven teaching methods, the widest opportunities for additional development, and excellent equipment.
The universities in Miami, Florida offer a wide choice of educational programs, such as:
- Pre-university preparation (for example, University Pathway) is the best option for guaranteed enrollment in the chosen university, especially for foreign students, who are not familiar in detail with the education system in the USA.
- Bachelor’s is a basic stage of higher education, lasting for 4 years. After graduation, the student can start to build a career as a qualified specialist.
- Master is a second stage of higher education, stipulating more in-depth studying of chosen themes. There is an opportunity to narrow down a specialty or master a related field, increasing your value as a professional.
- MBA, Master of Business Administration – this program is designed for managers, and owners of their own businesses. Intensive and complex courses (usually take 1-1.5 years) are very valuable in the international labor market.
- Doctoral studies: the highest level of higher education, deep and thorough scientific activity.
- Professional courses – both short-term (with certificates of participation) and longer-term (diploma, Associate degree take up to a year, the corresponding document is awarded). The best option for advanced studying and mastering the basics of the chosen direction.
- Summer programs – combined, academic, subject.
Universities in Miami – education information
Enrollment process in universities in Miami for foreign students
To enroll in the Bachelor program, the universities in Miami will be required applicants:
- The certificate of secondary education (preferably Advanced Placement)
- Passing of tests SAT/ACT
- Results of language exams TOEFL or IELTS: usually the passing score is from 5.5-6.0, but it can be higher depending on the specialty.
This is a basic package, each university can request other documents. Of course, the foreign students will need to fill out and pay for an online application (it is paid), provide an account statement or a sponsorship letter (to convince that they are able to pay for education in the USA), medical insurance, a study visa to America (it is issued after receiving an invitation from an educational institution, conditional enrollment).
Letters of recommendation resume, and motivation letters will also come in handy (especially when applying for a master’s degree). Applicants for MBA and doctoral programs are selected especially strictly: they must confirm relevant work experience, and guidelines (for MBA), and provide a research plan or planned work (PhD, doctoral studies).
TOP universities in Miami fees for foreign students
Studying at Miami universities will not be cheap — the reason for this is the ranking of local universities, and the high cost, and prestige of the city itself. Bachelor’s degree on average costs $ 15,000 per year, master’s degree — from $ 17,000. Remember that in addition to the educational course, the student pays for many additional services:
- Educational materials, etc.
Do not forget about the numerous scholarships and grants that will help you save up to 100% of the cost of your studies, as well as about part-time work during your studies (especially on campus).
Universities in Miami – TOP 5
This Catholic university, located 32 kilometers from Miami, teaches such basic subjects as biological medicine and forensic photography. Humanities and pedagogical sciences, as well as disciplines specializing in nursing skills, are very popular here. Barry University has about 10,000 students.
International University of Florida
Florida International University is one of the largest universities in the state of Florida and the 11th largest university in the United States. The university consists of two university campuses and 26 faculties, where more than 280 basic subjects are studied. One of the most popular faculties at Florida International University are the Faculty of Management, the Institute of Architecture, the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Medicine. Thus, Florida International University is one of the leading universities in this state. More than 40,000 students study at this higher education institution.
Johnson and Wales University
This is a private university where they teach the skills of cooking and baking confectionery, as well as hotel and restaurant business. 2,500 students receive higher education at the Johnson and Wales University branch in Miami. It is the second largest after the main Johnson and Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island.
Acting school “New World”
Talented young people who have graduated from high school or college can get a decent education at this institute. There is quite a tough competitive selection and quite intense studying. Many graduates of the “New World” have made successful careers in Hollywood and on Broadway, as well as around the world.
In addition, many leading modern specialists in such industries as applied arts, advertising, public relations, and architecture have opened their branches in this ranking school.
Students of secondary schools and colleges can study acting, fine arts, choreography, and music, and at Miami—Dade Public Schools, Miami—Dade Community College, and the University of Florida they can also receive a diploma in these specialties.
University of Miami
More than 16,000 students are educated at this private educational institution. Business, public relations, medicine, and biology are popular disciplines at the University of Miami.