The most famous places of this Costa Rican region are Manuel Antonio / Quepos and Jaco. In them you will never run out of things to do, some of the things you can do are: exploring pristine beaches, non-stop close encounters with crocodiles, monkeys, sloths, lizards, and other wildlife, visiting world-class restaurants and kickin’ nightlife. Plus, adventure junkies, beware you won’t know what to do first!
This is also known as a bit of a luxury area of Costa Rica for travelers so you will also find many comfortable hotels and delicious restaurants.
Below you will find out some other facts and fun things to do on the Pacific beaches of Costa Rica.
Travel Guide to the Costa Rica Pacific Beaches
Where is it?
Located from Puntarenas south to Dominical along Costa Rica’s Pacific coast.
Dry season: December until May
Average temp – 82°F and 85% humidity
Rainy season: June to November
Places to Visit in the Costa Rica Pacific Beaches
This is the perfect place for those who want to learn how to surf. You’ll find plenty of surf schools around. There are also many adventure tours you can choose from canopy tours, ATV tours, Jet skiing, hiking, and lots more. Not your style? What about pampering yourself? Here you will find top-notch hotels and all service spas, it’s hard to complain. Jaco also has been classified as one of the top places where you can party like a rock star!
• Tarcoles River is home to over 2000 American crocodiles and one of the best places to see them up close
• Surf a world-known break at Playa Hermosa (with or without a professional instructor)
• Visit Carara National Park, which is full of scarlet macaws
• Eat at a multitude of restaurants specializing in international cuisines.
Manuel Antonio / Quepos
This area is commonly known as the place to stay in if you are visiting the Manuel Antonio National Park. This park offers an abundance of wildlife and attractive white-sanded beaches. Here you will have a close encounter with the highly endangered Titi monkey and sloths, monkeys, lizards, coatis, just to name a few.
• Top-notch hotels, spas & restaurants
• Catamaran tours, sunset sailing & dolphin watching
• Wildlife sightings at Manuel Antonio National Park
• World-class sport fishing
What to See in the Costa Rica Pacific Beaches
Most Popular Beaches
• Punta Leona
• Jaco Beach
• Playa Hermosa
• Manuel Antonio’s beaches
Museums and Gardens
• Iguana Park
• Fincas Naturales (private wildlife refuge)
• Butterfly gardens
• Vanilla Spice Plantation (vanilla orchids)
Popular Parks & Reserves
• Manuel Antonio National Park
• Carara National Park
• Playa Hermosa Wildlife Refuge
• Damas Island Estuary
• Several waterfalls in the Manuel Antonio area: Matapalo, La Culebra and the Tocori Waterfalls
What to Do in the Costa Rica Pacific Beaches
• Bird and Wildlife Viewing
• Dolphin & Whale Watching
• Diving and Snorkeling
• ATV Tours
• Sailing & Catamaran Cruises
• Canopy Tours (zip lines & aerial trams)
• Canyoning (waterfall rappelling)
• Day Spas
• Hang Gliding
• Horseback Riding
• Jet Skiing
• Mountain Biking
• Rafting & Tubing
• Sea Kayaking
• Sport Fishing
Enjoyed this post? Pin it!