Driving in the US can be an extremely fun adventure. Depending on the route, you will find a ton of fun things to do in every town you cross. However, if you aren’t a local like me, you might not be aware of some of the driving laws, and it is extremely important that you do.
US is an amazing experience for locals and foreigners, however, there are a few weird driving laws that you should be aware of. This info graphic offers that information for you – Road trip USA.
There are certain basic driving regulations to follow, just as there are in any country.
These are the following:
- Except in the US Virgin Islands, drive on the right side of the road!
- Keep all established speed restrictions in mind.
- Don’t drive if you have a blood alcohol content of 0.08 percent or above, which is the legal limit in all states.The penalties differ by state, but the bottom line is that you don’t want to do it.
- At all STOP signs, you must come to a complete stop (see below for more information on STOP signs).
- You must come to a complete stop when approaching a stopped school bus with flashing lights and a stop sign (more below on school buses).
- At the very least, the driver and front-seat passenger must be buckled up.
Below you will find a fun and easy info graphic that will tell you all about the weird driving laws in the US. Since they aren’t necessarily common sense you might not think about them, but knowing about them might make your road trip a much better experience since you will avoid getting pulled over while driving along the US.
Since not all of the laws apply to all territories, they have been broken down by regions and states. So keep scrolling down!
Weird Driving Laws to Be Aware Of While Driving in the US
This super cool info graph is done by: CJ PonyParts
Did we miss any of the weird laws to be aware of during a road trip along the US? Let us know so we can all learn.