You’ve visited all the cities on your bucket list and have relaxed on most breathtaking beaches in the world. While that’s all good and done, you’re looking for a bit more of an adventure, and a chance to step up your travel-game with some real adrenaline-pumping activities.Top activities for adrenaline junkies available in New Zealand.Check this out to find information about the things to do in New Zealand.
Look no further than New Zealand, which tops the list as one of the best countries with thrill seekers of all shapes and sizes. A combination of the country’s breathtaking scenery, open landscapes, and adventurous spirit make this place an adrenaline junkie‘s’ paradise. Here’s our list of the top activities that everyone can enjoy while visiting this gorgeous country.
- Ice climbing on Fox Glacier. Grab your crampons and head to Fox Glacier for some ice climbing. This popular endurance trek allows climbers explore the natural caves or even to go for a slide through the tunnels. And best of all, the helicopter ride there and back is guaranteed to take your breath away. Fox Glacier is also situated near the famous Franz Josef Glaciers, so while you’re in the area you can head that way for some hiking and sightseeing.
- Shark encounter at Auckland Sea Life Aquarium. If you’re looking for something a little warmer and wetter, take a visit to the Auckland Sea Life Aquarium for a shark encounter you’ll never forget. You’ll scuba dive into a specially designed enclosure that will bring you face-to-face with sharks—who thankfully don’t have you or your friends on the menu. Who wants to be caged in when you can get up close and personal with the kings of the sea?
- Blackwater rafting in Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Located on the North Island, these magnificent caves are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, as the species of glowworms that lives here is found nowhere else in the world. While there are regular boat tours through the caves, you can also try your hand at black water rafting in the caves, where at a high speed you’ll encounter waterfalls and of course the breathtaking glow of the luminescent creatures who call this place home.
- Jet Boat Ride on Shotover River. Want to keep your head above water without sacrificing the thrills? Then head out to Shotover River for a Jet Boat ride. A white water adventure with only 10cm of river separating you and the rocks below, the innovative jet boat will blow the cobwebs away at 85kph. Crusade through the twists and turns of the canyons on this high-speed journey and come away refreshed and invigorated.
- Bungee Jumping in Auckland. However, if you prefer to be up even higher, bungee jumping may be your next thrill. There are of course tons of fantastic spots to bungee jump from outside the city with a natural background, but an exciting urban setting is quite a special treat. Choose from a number of Auckland locations to safety bungee jump with an urban setting, including the Auckland Harbor Bridge!
- Skydiving all over. If bungee jumping leaves you wanting more, why not take it up a notch with skydiving? If you’ve never skydived before, you’ll start with a tandem jump, which means you’ll be strapped to an instructor for extra safety. Top skydiving locations include the Bay of Islands, Franz Joseph, and Wanaka, although there’s at least a dozen more! And what do you think about piloting your own stunt plane? After a thorough lesson from an instructor, you’ll travel to 4,000 feet in the sky, attempting your own twists, turns, and spins as the ultimate way to finish your adventure holiday.
For all adventures high and low, New Zealand is a place that attracts thousands of thrill-seeking visitors every year, none of which leave disappointed. There’s also spearfishing, base jumping, scuba diving, helicopter rides, cave diving, parasailing, surfing, diving, parachuting—really any adventure activity you can think of, you can probably find it! New Zealand Guided Tours can help plan your next adventure so you know that you and your party are missing none of the action.