If you find yourself in need for some great ideas regarding where you should go for your next family vacation, then your struggle is over. There is only one answer, Iceland. Alright, so the island of fire and ice might not be the most obvious choice but it should be, as it will create extraordinary memories that will last a lifetime. All that is needed is a bit of planning and some research in order to make this the best family vacation ever. Traveling to Iceland doesn’t have to be an insurmountable task, completely unachievable, not unless you make it so.Information about how to plan the perfect Iceland vacation for your family.In this post you will find tons of info about Travel with kids
Not when there is ample information available on how to make it the best experience ever, for the entire family. Once you start researching how to best tackle the adventure that is Iceland, you will quickly learn that it is not only the perfect place to bring your family, your kids are going to love it. A way to make this an even more spectacular experience is to travel around Iceland by renting a campervan. Renting a campervan in Iceland is a kid-friendly way of traveling around the island and exploring everything this great destination has to offer, with the added element of sleeping under the stars.
Not a particularly hard sell to any child. Alright, so now you have decided on Iceland for your next family vacation and you are going to rent a campervan in Iceland. Then there are some things that are good to know about the island in general, about camper rentals in Iceland and perhaps most importantly, what to do once you get there.
The Top 3 Tips for an Iceland Vacation for the Whole Family
Finding the best choice of vehicle
Iceland has many alternatives when it comes to campervan rentals or RV rentals for that matter, but one company that stands out as a favorite though is Campervan Reykjavik. This camper rental company has everything you need when it comes to finding the perfect campervan for your family vacation. Campervan Reykjavik will also be able to provide you with all the information you might need when it comes to weather conditions, road safety and domestic traffic regulations as well as which campervan you should choose based on your travel itinerary. The Icelandic weather is for instance notoriously difficult. One moment there is rain and the other strong wind.
If you are renting a campervan, insistent on driving around the island on your won, these are things you need to take into consideration. Aside from Iceland road conditions, it’s also important that you choose a campervan suitable to your needs which includes comfort and add-ons such as Wi-Fi and GPS. Another important aspect, something that Campervan Reykjavik may also help you with, is car insurance, which is mandatory in Iceland.
Visiting Iceland is going to be an adventure and by making sure that you have taken every precaution, gathered all the relevant information as well as have rented the perfect vehicle for the impending road trip, it’s time to proceed with planning what to actually do when arriving.
5 Child-Friendly Adventures
1. Discovering the heritage of the Vikings of Iceland. Most children will be thrilled and excited about the prospect of visiting the place where genuine Vikings once lived. One way to start is by vising the Sun Voyager sculpture in Reykjavik.
2. Visit one of the National Parks. Exploring nature while in Iceland will be one of the most profound experiences, not just for the kids in the group but for the entire family.
3. The Hot Springs. Again, this is something that the entire family can enjoy but most children absolutely love the idea of swimming. These nature baths are a fundamental part of Icelandic culture and you will not be disappointed.
4. Lakes containing such incredible sites as the Jökulsárlón glacier are an incredible adventure and the majestic sites will leave no one in the family untouched.
5. The Northern Lights. An epic experience that there really is no comparison to. The dazzling lights inspire awe, marvel, and myriad emotions that one just has to be there and witness it happen before their eyes. The aurora borealis is indeed one of nature’s greatest mysteries, and the kids will probably ask you about it. Start with this practical northern lights guide, which includes travel tips and other insights.
Arrive for your family vacation in Iceland at Keflavik international airport and start your road trip by heading out on the Ring Road, Iceland’s Route 1. This way you will be able to start exploring right away as for instance the famous Blue Lagoon is located near the airport. Many people driving themselves around the island opt to take the route of the Golden Circle as this is one of the best ways to explore the island. Of course the route you choose will be dependent on if you visit Iceland in the summer or in the winter. Both options are equally good as there are much to experience either way. Planning a family vacation in Iceland is easy. There are so much to explore, from local delicious food to the majestic natural scenery. Renting your own campervan will only enhance the feeling of adventure. Who doesn’t want to spend the night sleeping under the stars while surrounded by some of the world’s most magical nature, regardless of how old you are.