One of the Costa Rica places that I love the most and can never get over it is Nosara. It is a cool place known as the wellness capital of the country. This is a place to recharge, relax and enjoy nature. So, if you’re thinking about what to do in Nosara, here’s a list.What To Do in Nosara?Check out things to do in Nosara Costa Rica, this area is one of the favorite places to visit for a lot of people.
I lived in Costa Rica for years, and even after moving to Guatemala, I go back frequently for visits. It is a beautiful country that is really close to my heart. With tons to explore over and over again.
Things to Do in Nosara, Costa Rica
1. Yoga: I don’t practice yoga on a regular basis, but I have been to a couple of classes and love it. I can definitely see what all the hype around it is all about. Just one class can make me feel as new. In Nosara, you will find tons of people and hotels offering classes
2. Surfing: Unless you are an expert swimmer and know how to handle currents, swimming on Nosara’s beaches isn’t the best idea. However, that’s exactly what makes it such a good place for learning how to surf, or practicing if you are already an expert.
3. The Nosara Biological Reserve: This is a 90-acre reserve on well-maintained and marked trails. It is a great place to enjoy searching for Nosara’s wildlife like Howler monkeys, anteaters, coatis, iguanas and even colorful butterflies.
4. Relaxing at the beach: Take some time off from all the fun activities offered in the area to just relax and sit on the beach with a tasty drink and a good book to enjoy the beauty of the place.
5. River Safari: – Go on board of one of the boat tours along the two nearby rivers. These tours take you through mangroves where crocodiles, iguanas and monkeys hide in the shores. Keep your eyes open. How many did you see?
6. The Sibu Wildlife Sanctuary: They do the amazing labor of rescuing, rehabilitating, releasing, and protecting sick, injured, or abandoned native animals. So show them some support by visiting them and paying for the small entrance fee. You will learn a lot about local wildlife.
7. Kayaking Tour: This is another fun way to explore the local rivers. It is somewhat like the safari tours but in this one, you get to go at your own pace through the mangroves.
8. Snorkeling at Playa Garza: The white sand in and around the beach as well as the crystal clear water allows for a fun and safe adventure while exploring the underwater life of the area.
9. Spa treatments: These are as common as the yoga classes that I mentioned above. some are set in amazing buildings overlooking the stunning beach. so don’t leave Nosara without experiencing a relaxing massage while enjoying the beauty of the surrounding beach.
Bonus: For the most part, Costa Rican traditional food, homemade food is pretty healthy and can easily be turned into vegetarian or vegan. So don’t miss the experience of visiting a traditional Soda (local eatery).