Any lover of travel is sure to agree that there is no such thing as wanting to visit too many places. As long as there is a will to travel, we can always find a way to make it happen. Whether you’re looking to take your next vacation or make travel plans for the future, this polar travel destination is certainly an epic choice you will want to consider.
Voyage to The Magnificent Falkland Islands
The perfect sub-Antarctic location for travelers that love wildlife as much as rich history. Make the most of every minute by voyaging on one of the many available cruises to Falkland Islands that provide you with the ultimate vacation experience. There’s nothing like luxury traveling to take care of everything from accommodations and meals to your itinerary and finding options for excursions.
Now you must be wondering what adventure awaits you in the Falkland Islands, so get ready to find out what makes this polar destination the ultimate vacation location.
Experience the Quintessential Town of Port Stanley
Make your way to East Falkland to visit the location of the island’s capital in Port Stanley. Embrace the Falkland Island’s British culture and traditions by exploring the lively town pubs, historical churches and small museums that are rich with local history. Be sure to save enough time to check out the major attractions of Port Stanley, such as:
- Mount Tumbledown – see the major battle site of the 1892 war between Argentina and Britain.
- Gypsy Cove – observe where a majestic colony of Magellanic penguins call home.
- The Historic Dockyard Museum – indulge yourself in the Falkland’s maritime history, including everything from island life during the time of the first settlers and exhibits of artefacts and relics from ships that were stranded in the islands.
Take a Stroll Along White Sand Beaches
A surprise to many polar travelers, there are numerous breathtaking white sandy beaches to explore in the Falkland Islands. Leave your bathing suit behind, unless you’re in the mood for a polar plunge, but get ready to experience the beach like never before when you visit sandyspots, such as:
- Elephant Beach – located on the gorgeous Pebble Island, make sure to keep your eyes on the water because the 4 mile stretch of beach is frequented by dolphins.
- Volunteer Beach – a breathtaking 2 mile stretch of sand in East Falkland that is home to the area’s largest colony of King penguins.
- Carcass Island –make way to the archipelago’s northwest corner to enjoy a relaxing stroll on the white sandy shoreline to see Gentoo and Magellanic penguins.
Enjoy the Ultimate Penguin Experience
The Falkland Islands has to be the perfect place to cross seeing penguins off your bucket list. Get your checklist of Falkland Island penguins ready and prepare to see incrediblespecies, including:
- Gentoo penguins – see the largest population in the world (more than 121,000 pairs)
- Magellanic penguins
- Rockhopper penguins
- Macaroni penguins
- King penguins
Make sure to bring a camera so you can capture all the epic moments of your Falkland Islands vacation!