Is the Teleferico de Madrid Worth the Money?
Before arriving in Madrid I was recommended a number of different Madrid attractions:
Real Madrid Stadium tour (if you can’t make it to a game)
And the Teleferico – Cableway
If you are traveling with kids and only have several days this could definitely be a good attraction. It takes you all the way up and gives you amazing views.
Kids aren’t used to cable cars so that in itself is a treat.
However, they are not cheap, and a family of four can easily pay up to $30.
However, the closeness you can get being so high up with your family – is priceless.
Information About Teleferico de Madrid Experience
- This cable car dates back to 1969.
- There will be a narration telling you what you are seeing and where you are.
- The ride is 2.5 kilometers long and you will get up to 40 meters above the ground.
- The whole tour takes a little over 10 minutes.
- The journey starts on the Paseo del Pintor Rosales street, near the Argüelles Metro station.
- You will go over the River Manzanares and into the Casa de Campo park.
- Other attractions that you will see are Plaza de España and the Egyptian temple of Debod, Parque del Oeste, Principe Pio Metro Station, Torrespaña communication tower, the Royal Palace, Almudena Cathedral, and the Chapel of San Antonio de la Florida.
- At the end of the journey, there is a restaurant and bar complex.