Traveling is awesome, but it is hard to enjoy a trip or vacation while wondering about your home. Is it safe? So I have developed a list of essentials that I must to before I leave home whenever I embark on another of my family adventures. Here are some important tips of home security for your home for traveling.
Home Security – 5 Steps for Securing your Home for Traveling
1. Home Insurance: is your updated? Is there anything special you should do before leaving concerning your insurance? Contact your provider and ask these and any other questions you might have.
2. Make your absence less noticeable: Ask for a friend to go to your home a couple of days, to pick up the mail and the newspapers. It is good for people to see that there is movement on the house. This means, less temptation for thieves.
3. Unplug all of your electronics: This prevents your house from a fire.
4. Double check animal doors: You have to be 100% sure that they are closed. You don’t want a gang of cats or dogs using your house for parties.
5. Lastly Get a Safe – There are tons of valuable things that you won’t be able to take with you and, if all else fails, you need a place to put them. Banham Patent Locks Ltd is a good option of you don’t have one yet. Once you have all of your valuables in them you can hide it. This will give you peace of mind. And also having a Vivint doorbell with all the security it includes, is excellent.
Making sure your home is secure is very important. Fast Keys have a range of wonderful locks to protect your home while you’re away.
Do you do anything else? Please share in the comments so we can all learn.