A lot of people might not see this but traveling with kids is a great way of finding places and activities you never would have thought of! This is because you have to get more creative to keep them entertained. The problem is that most of us don’t have a small fortune to spend in visiting tons of different attractions. After living in the country for a couple of years I found cheap activities for a Guatemala vacationn for the whole family.
Here are 5 cheap things to do with kids on your Guatemala vacation:
1. If your kids are in love with water and take any opportunity to get wet a place like Seven Alters in Izabal Guatemala is great for you. The place is nothing more than a series of waterfalls in the middle of the forest that form pools where you and your family can go for a swim. If you are like me and don’t love the idea of swimming take some time to explore the surrounding forest. You might find many animals hiding behind the trees.
2. There is a place in Guatemala that everyone should visit. It is called the Lanquin Caves. This is the entrance to the underworld for the Mayan People and one of the largest Cave complexes in Central America. It is an amazing place to explore because the paths are well marked, however make sure to bring a flashlight. The lighting doesn’t work very well.
3. Another place you can visit while traveling in Guatemala and surprisingly is not expensive at all for what you get is Xetulul. This is the best theme parks of Central America. It truly surprised me how cool this place is, I never expected to find something like this in Guatemala.
4. If you are close to Guatemala City and have some time to explore you should definitely check out Xpark. This is a park filled with extreme sports for kids and adults. It is a place mostly for boys but adventurous girls might like it too.
5. If you are on the northern area of the country, or on your way to visit Tikal stop by ARCAS. It is an animal rescue center in the middle of the Jungle. It is a place where you can learn about the local wildlife and to support this non lucrative organization to continue helping the local animals.
These are just some not expensive things you can do while you visit Guatemala. As you can see, you can save while traveling and it doesn’t have to mean that you will have less fun! Let me know if you have or will visit these places.
Save on a Guatemala Vacation