Riyadh, one of the richest cities in the world, is the capital of Saudi Arabia. The sprawling city is home to 6.5 million and a major administrative hub of the nation. As the modern place has a lot to offer to tourists, millions of curious travelers arrive here in Riyadh. The city is well connected to other parts of the world. Hundreds of airlines fly to the modern cutting-edge metropolis, and one of the most popular is Jeddah to Riyadh flights.Information about hotels, attractions, transportation and things to see in this Riyadh travel guide of Saudi Arabia.
Riyadh is well famous as the Queen of the Desert and boosts of the finest hotels and restaurants in the country. It is home to the best museum in Saudi Arabia, which is already a World Heritage. The modern city is still rooted in the cultural traditions of the historical past. Here is a brief but comprehensive guide for the first-timers in Riyadh.
Basic Riyadh Travel Guide
When to go
As Riyadh can be very hot during summers, the right time for the tourists is to go during winters. The peaks season lies between November and March when the temperatures are comfortable. There might be a little rain.
Where to Stay
There is no dearth of options when it comes to lodging restaurant options in Riyadh. One can stay at contemporary luxury hotels with stylish rooms and restaurant. There are budget options for cost-conscious travelers. However, the most popular neighborhoods among tourists include Al-Murabba, Al-Bathaa and Olaya and Sulaimaniyah. Almosafer حجز طيران is always so easy and convenient.
How to move around
As public transportation is still lacking in Riyadh, the tourists rely on the two subway lines that have recently opened. They can avail of a minibus system or go for taxis or rent out a car. A car rental seems the best option because of the limited public transportation.
What to do and see
There is plenty to do and see in the political and business capital with the dramatic surrounding. Riyadh is a complex mix of modern and tradition that is sure to intrigue every tourist. Here are some must-see attractions in Riyadh for every first-timer.
- Masmak Fortress – Visit the big fortress that was built around 1865, and this heavy fortification is surrounded by sand. Enjoy the exhibits that showcase maps and photographs from the past of the country
- National Museum – The state-of-the-art museum is located within a modernist architecture and is well designed and informative. Explore the history, culture, and art of the Middle East through the interactive displays.
- Sky Bridge – The 99th-floor Sky Bridge is not meant for the faint-hearted. Sit in those high-speed lifts that take you to the top and enjoy truly breathtaking views of Riyadh.
- Riyadh Zoo – Riyadh Zoo is the largest zoo in Saudi Arabia and highlights several distinct species and include the almost extinct houbara bustard bird.
- Globe Experience – Enjoy panoramic views of Riyadh from the spectacular viewing platform that is made of 655 glass panels. It was designed by British architect Norman, and the views are the best during sunrise and sunset.
- Antiquities Museum – Antiquities Museum boasts of interesting and valuable objects discovered during Faw and Rabdha excavations. Look at statues of Hercules and Apollo as well as a vast collection of porcelain, pottery, jewelry, and deciphered.
Where to eat
When it comes to food, Riyadh will not disappoint you, and there is plenty to keep your taste buds excited and salivating. Najd Village is a popular haunt with the locals as well as the tourists, and it has been designed like a typical desert village. Enjoy some favorite dishes like kabsa. Enjoy international cuisine at leading restaurants with some amazing views.
Last Updated on January 15, 2023