Two things you need to know:
2. If you’re staying in Tampa or living here, you must make a visit to Élevage at some point as well.
Why elevage restaurant tampa Is a Must-Visit?
Don’t get me wrong, Tampa, as I have found, has some of the best and most creative restaurants in Florida. And that’s saying a lot since I’ve visited most of Florida. And yes, in my opinion, Tampa’s restaurants beat out Miami.
Let’s do a quick breakdown. The term Élevage means – the process from soil to platter. And the concept of the restaurant is a place where nostalgia meets nouveau.
Executive Chef Chad Johnson wants to take your childhood memories of yummy food but make them with a twist and creativity. And from my experience, this is exactly what it was all about.
Before I get to the mouthwatering dishes, here are some fun facts about eating at élevage restaurant:
- The Epicurean Hotel is owned by the family that started Bern’s Steakhouse, one of the most famous restaurants in the US with the largest wine collection in the world.
- Élevage Restaurant upholds to the highest of standards due to this association. Just that alone helps you know you can’t go wrong with your dining adventure.
- Executive Chef Chad Johnson – has been the James Beard Best Chef South Semi-Finalist – twice
- Most of the ingredients are fresh and organic from local farms and nearby vendors. However, the most unusual one, by far, is the Uriah’s organic veggies doubling as wall art. Uriah’s Urban Farms is a local farm that is the only place in the world that has indoor, vertical farming.
- The interesting part about how this concept started was that the owners of Uriah’s son was born with a strange auto-immune disease and to help him they created this concept (the boy’s name is actually Uriah). It is helping him immensely, as all organic usually does. And it’s also such a unique way of having fresh veggies all the time.
- When you order any salads the greens come off the wall, and every two – three days the display is changed for fresh greens.
- Bern was a huge collector and most of the restaurant is full of unique pieces that he collected over the years and didn’t really know what to do with them. Until now – the tables are made from the wood of a closed down distillery and the ceiling pieces from a closed down train station.
Breakfast Time – Tour in Photos
I find that breakfast is one of those meals that few places can really get innovative with. Either they are too worried about thinking out of the box and spoiling the typical eggs and bacon or french toast platters that everyone expects or simply they think all the creativity should be saved for lunch and especially dinner.
Not Élevage Restaurant.
They definitely take it up a notch.
The menu has the coolest items on it. Some that I would never think of for breakfast.
Shrimp and Grits
Sourdough Pancakes with Roasted Apples
Wild Mushroom Omelet
Plus they have a great tea selection. A thing I never overlook since I’m strictly a tea drinker and have found that many places totally discriminate against us.