Is your paint peeling off the wall? The nasty flakes and cracks can make your walls look really ugly. If I see paint peeling off my walls, I would want to fix it immediately.The most annoying thing is seeing how the roof of the bath is Peeling Off, imagine this happening in all your house. Learn how to prevent it!
If you are dealing with the problem of peeling paint, you might want to get in touch with professional painting services in Mumbai to fix the issue before it aggravates. If you want to save some money, you can try doing it yourself. However, the job is going to be challenging and tedious. Hence, it is essential to make your mind before you start to fix peeling paint.
Before we look at the many ways to deal with peeling paint, let’s understand its cause.
Related Read: 6 Benefits of Using Plastic Bags for Food Packaging
Prevent the Paint in a Wall from Peeling Off
Why Do Wall Paint Peel Off?
Several reasons are known to cause this problem. When the wall isn’t cleaned properly before applying the paint, you might observe the paint peeling off. I have noticed that not using primer has also resulted in the paint peeling off my walls.
However, the most common reason that contributes to peeling wall paint would be moisture. It doesn’t mean you have a leaking roof or a plumbing issue. Sometimes, too much humidity can also result in this problem.
How to Fix Peeling Wall Paint?
The process is going to be tiresome. Hence, you need to be fully prepared before you begin.
- Before you start, you need to prep the room. Spread cloth, or paper all across the floor. Apply masking tape on door frames and windows to protect these areas from wayward paint and debris.
- Use a wire brush and paint scraper to remove the peeling interior paint(1) as much as you can.
- Inspect your wall to find cracks or holes. If you find any, fill them up with patching compound.
- With sandpaper, you need to make the entire wall smooth and nice. After that, you need to clean the surface with a damp cloth or sponge. Allow the wall to dry before you proceed to the next step.
- In this step, you need to add primer as it will help the paint last longer and adhere to your wall better. You can prevent moisture issues by applying primer as well. You can proceed to the next step once the primer is dry.
- Use the same techniques you used to apply primer to paint your walls. When the paint dries, you can apply another coat. It may not be necessary but can certainly help the paint last longer.
- Once the paint seems dry enough, you can remove the masking tape from the door and window frames.
Related Post: What knife types do I need?
How to Prevent Peeling Wall Paint?
Before you fix peeling paint, you might want to look for ways to prevent it. By keeping a few things in mind, you will be able to inhibit the process of peeling interior paint.
- Keep the painted surfaces away from water.
- Try to control condensation and humidity around the surfaces.
- Prep the walls properly before you can begin painting them.
- Apply wall paint only when the surface is clean.
- Guard the coated wall surfaces against sunlight and heat.
- Apply the right primer and paint.
- Use the right painting techniques.
- Keep corrosive substances far away from the coated walls.
By keeping these few tips in mind, you will be able to prevent your walls from peeling off. If you have the right tools at hand, it is not very difficult to avoid this issue.
Professional Painters at Your Service in Mumbai!
If you can see paint peeling off your wall, it is high time for you to call painting services in Mumbai. You can try to fix peeling paint yourself, but why do it when you can have professionals do it for you. Keep your peace of mind intact while experts work on the problem to turn your walls as good as new.
Recommended Read: 5 Advantages Of Tent Cots For Camping
Last Updated on May 15, 2023