There are few things more exciting than going on holiday. If your tickets are booked and the countdown has begun, have you turned your thoughts to what you’re going to need to pack? Deciding what to take with you on any holiday is hard enough, but when you’re going skiing, there are certain essentials you can’t be without. Why not use our handy checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything!All of the different pieces of ski equipment and clothing that you need to pack when going on a ski holiday.You will find in this article.
Everything You Will Need for Your Ski Holiday
Check these over once, twice, fifteen times. Make sure they’re all there, at least, the day before you go. Be prepared. Don’t be running around the house playing a frantic game of hunt-the-passport on the morning of your flight. Put all your documentation in one folder… after making copies to keep in a separate place in your luggage. You may need back up, and this can save you time and hassle!
- Passport and Tickets.
- Cash and Credit Cards.
- Train/Flight/Ferry itinerary
- Holiday/Accommodation/equipment hire details.
- Driving license, Sat Nav, and Maps if you’re driving anywhere.
- Insurance details.
CLOTHES FOR SKIING
- Thermal Tops. Take at least two. One can dry out while you wear the other.
- Fleeces. See above. Be smart.
- Cosy Hat
- Ski Gloves
- Sunglasses/Goggles. Beat the glare!
- Waterproof ski jacket and trousers
- Snood or neck warmer
- Skiing socks. Keep your tootsies warm.
- Thermal long johns or leggings/tights. Take a couple of pairs of these as well.
- Skis and poles. Do make sure they’re in a ski bag.
- Ski Boots. You’d be surprised how easy they are to forget!
- Helmet. Safety is always paramount. Make sure headgear is safe and fits well. It could save your life!
- Day Rucksack. Essential for storing all your bits and bobs.
- Shovel, probe and transceiver. You’re definitely going to need these crucial safety items if you’re heading off piste.
- A multi tool/Swiss army knife/sewing kit – if you need to make repairs out on the slopes, you’ll have to carry these with you.
- A water bottle or two. For the hardcore, A Camelbak will keep you hydrated for longer. Keeping your water intake up on the slopes is paramount.
Take a selection of warm everyday clothes too, and don’t forget a hat and gloves. Scarves can add a splash of color and stop you feeling the chill, too.
MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS TO PACK
Depending on where you’re going, you might have to take some more essential items. Budget lodgings may have very little in the way of anything more than soap and a towel. Not everyone can stretch to anything like the legendarily luxurious Whistler Lodging! We can dream, though!
- Overseas SIM card.
- Travel adapters
- Earphones and Earplugs
- Medication. Don’t forget painkillers!
- Spare Sunglasses
- Lip balm
- Travel Pillow
- Camera and charger
With just a little preparation you can make sure your ski holiday goes without a hitch. Take some time before you go to think what else you might need. Going on vacation is one of the best excuses there are for a little retail therapy. There’s no better pick me up than hitting the high street with money to spend in your pocket. Shop wisely, though. Skiing gear can be expensive, but you don’t have to pay the earth. You want to have room in your case for all the shopping you do on your vacation, too. Take a big suitcase!