Costa Rica is now on the forefront of “World Ecotourism”. The government and the people are making a huge effort to preserve their natural beauties. That is why more than 25% of the country’s territory is protected in national parks or private reserves. To show some support all you need to do is visit these eco-tourism destinations and to follow the rules.
Here are 6 popular Costa Rica ecotourism destinations:
2. Poas Volcano National Park: This place is situated in the central valley of Costa Rica. The volcano is inactive at the moment. It has a very large and beautiful geyser. If you look down on it, you can see a large blue-green gurgling pool of hot steam.
3. Doka Plantation: Four Generations Coffee Tour, Costa Rica: You can see the place and learn a lot about Costa Rican coffee. You can also taste the different varieties of coffee here, and of course, they give you some of it as a souvenir!
4. Arenal Volcano National Park and Arenal Lake: This place can be called one of the best attractions in the world and is a touristic magnet due to its wonderful wildlife, hot springs and beautiful lake that offer endless day trip options.
5. Rincon de la Vieja National Park: It is situated in south western Pacific and is one of the most remote national parks in Costa Rica. One of the best places an ecotourist can visit!
6. Corcovado National Park and Cano Island: This place can be called one of the best places you can find in all Central America, famous for its rich wildlife and birds. The place is uninhabited and you will find a very attractive scenery. On the other hand Corcovado National Park is actually a primary rain forest and has a lot of unusual trees. I would recommend you to visit the park with a guide because if you are alone, you might easily get lost.
Interesting tours that can be done in 1 or 2 days:
1. Rancho Margot: Arenal Volcano, Lake Arenal: If you want to see food growing organically, electricity driven by water powered generators, a unique setting allowing you to seen the beauty of Lake Arenal and a mighty river that runs through the middle of the property, this self sustaining ranch is the place for you.
2. Sloth refuge, Aviarios del Caribe: This is an excellent place where they treat injured sloths. You will be able to see baby sloths and also learn about this strange creature’s lifestyle. The main attraction of this place is Buttercup, who was the first to be rescued from the highway when she was only a few months old. The beautiful place is located around 19 miles south of Limon on the Caribbean coast.
After reading this I am pretty sure that all of you nature lovers are seriously considering doing some eco tourism in Costa Rica. Take a chance and have a vacation of a lifetime!
Enjoyed this post? Pin it!