After eleven years of marriage my husband and I are going on an ‘official’ mini honeymoon. Or in other words, romantic getaway. Technically we never had a honeymoon since we got married and immediately moved to Costa Rica.
Now, instead of planning to move to a new country, I got to plan a totally cool trip.
Ever since I can remember my husband has talked about doing a motorcycle road trip. Having a motorcycle at this point in our lives is unrealistic due to kids, but what better time to make his (and mine) dream a reality – even if for a short period of time.
This is how I found Eaglerider Motorcycle rentals. How absolutely amazing would it be to do a four day motorcycle trip to the Florida Keys?
The Process for Getting our Harley Davidson Rental
Never did I think one day I’d be a biker chick, but am soooo thrilled to take on that role, even if it was only for several days.
1. Making initial contact – talking motorcycles isn’t my element at all. Even though my hubby is into motorcycles he doesn’t know anything about Harley Davidsons. It was up to me to pick the right one for us. And the people at Eaglerider were super helpful. They didn’t treat me like I was a moron asking questions, that a lot of times made very little sense. On the contrary, talking to them made me more and more stoked to get it going.
2. Location – Eaglerider has a lot of stores all over the country, six in Florida. We picked the For Lauderdale location, since it was closest to my parents house who the kids were staying with. However the Fort Lauderdale store is about ten minutes from either Fort Lauderdale International airport or Hollywood Airport and the train station. Super easy to get to.
3. Picking the Bike – Eaglerider has one of the largest selections of Harley’s in the country, so picking the ‘right’ one is a huge challenge. But after talking with a pro we decided on the Harley Davidson Electra Glide.
4. Paperwork and insurances – Now it was time for the contract to be signed, and the insurances to be picked. We took out the best insurance (you never know what will happen) which was around $28 per day. And also we chose to have the third party insurance as well for around $18 per day. They have several plans to choose from, so pick the one that works best for you.
5. Helmets – this is included in the rental fee.
6. Motorcycle jackets – I had my own, but you can also rent one for the length of your rental.
7. Reviewing the bike – before you hop on and go, make sure to go over the entire bike. You don’t want to have any surprises when you bring the motorcycle back. They also take good notes on any dings or scrapes that are on the motorcycles. But the bikes are practically new and in great condition, so it was quick look over.
8. Packing up the bike – I can’t say for all Harleys but the Electra Glider had tons of space for our bags. Here’s the back luggage compartment.
And there were two large compartments on both sides of the motorcycle as well.
9. Let’s Ride – we are soooo ready to go. Stay tuned to our motorcycle adventure.
Information about Eaglerider Motorcycle rentals and tours
Harley Davidson® Electra Glide®
Harley-Davidson® Road King®
Harley Davidson® Street Glide™
Harley-Davidson® Fat Boy® and
Harley Davidson® Dyna® Low Rider®
Daily Rate at $149.00
Weekly Rate at $735.00
Harley Davidson Sportster 1200
Daily Rate at $123.00
Weekly Rate at $721.00
Harley Davidson® Sportster® 883
Daily Rate at $101.00
Weekly Rate at $567.00
Tours/Packages in Florida
High Seas Rally Motorcycle Tour – Guided Motorcycle Tour
5 Days / 4 Nights
Through: Orlando, Everglades City, Key West, Ft. Lauderdale
Florida Back Roads South Guided Tour
8 Days / 7 Nights
Through: Daytona, St. Augustine, River Ranch, Everglades, Key West, Jupiter Island
Florida Backroads North Guided Tour – Guided Motorcycle Tour
6 Days / 5 Nights
Through: Orlando/Daytona, St. Augustine, Jekyll Island, Cedar Key.
Florida Keys Motorcycle Tour™ – Guided Motorcycle Tour
8 Days / 7 Nights
Through: Orlando, Juno Beach, Miami, Key West, Fort Myers
Address: 1880 S. Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33306
Motorcycle Road Trip – Harley Davidson Rental – Eaglerider Review
7 thoughts on “Our Mini Honeymoon Motorcycle Road Trip – How About Renting a Harley Davidson?”
This looks like a fun honeymoon 😉 Even now!
I’ve heard that it really is a great experience to take a little getaway on a motorcycle. You get to feel the air and really enjoy the scenery. I hope you really enjoyed your long overdue honeymoon! Thanks for sharing.
How fun! Where are you going on your motorcycle road trip? My husband has a motorcycle and we’ve tried to plan a road trip on it a few times, but every time the trip comes up the forecast calls for pouring rain. One day we’ll do our motorcycle trip. Can’t wait to hear about yours!
We went to the Florida Keys. And on the way home we hit the biggest torrential rain storm ever. I mean we were soaked within 10 minutes. BUt it was all good!
Thanks! Europe is a great destination with so much variety. Denmark is just the tip of the iceberg!