Confession – I drive a 2009 Toyota Yaris. Why is this important to know? Well, since I’ve driven plenty of newer cars I know the one thing that I’m truly missing out on is a camera showing me what is happening in the rear when I back up.
This is definitely not a reason to go and get a brand-new car (and I love my little Yaris), but I did start looking for alternatives to get that action in my own car.
And bam, I found one!
Magellan MiVue DashCam Review
The Magellan MiVue DashCam is a dual camera that captures events occurring in front and behind the vehicle.
This tiny setup changes everything.
You hook up the main contraption in the front, and we put it under our rearview mirror. It’s small enough to not take up too much space and not be a distraction. This is also where you will configure the whole apparatus.
And do they have a ton of options? Everything you do records automatically. This is great since it can record accidents that happen, scrapes, etc…
It shows you when you are backing up to make sure you have plenty of room.
It gives you options for all sorts of alerts. For example, if you are driving too long to keep you awake or if you are too close to another car and many more.
This would definitely also be extremely useful on a road trip.
- 2.7″ display – Makes watching playback and controlling the camera system easy and intuitive.
- Two Cameras – Give Drivers An Accurate Record Of Events Occurring In Front And Behind The Vehicle.
- Front Camera – Records In HD (1296p) and Rear Camera Records In 1080p, also HD.
- Provides Audible And Visual Warnings For Potential Driving Hazards.
- Records Hours Of HD Video.
- 16GB microSD Card included.
- Upon Impact G-Sensor Locks Video Recordings And Saves Location, Time, Speed, and Date Data.
About the Magellan
- Magellan is portable GPS navigation electronics company.
- It was founded in 1986 and grew to has over 200 key patents in GPS technology.
- They were the creators behind the award-winning Magellan RoadMate®, and Maestro™ series portable car navigation products.
- Magellan also came up with the Triton® and eXplorist® outdoor handheld navigation devices.
- Plus, they offer Mobile GPS solutions including the RoadMate App for iPhone and Premium Car Kit accessory.