Costa Rica Food List
- Casado – this dish usually has beans, salad, plantains, rice and different meats, fish, chicken or vegetarian style.
- Gallo Pinto – you haven’t eaten Costa Rican until you eat Gallo Pinto which is beans, rice, sweet peppers, onions mixed and fried together with a special sauce that is only found in Costa Rica.
- Potato Hash – but it’s not the kind you are used to. It’s with a saucy soupy like combination.
- Cabbage salad. I love this fresh salad, it’s simple but full of flavor. They use lemon or oil as the dressing.
- Casado but Caribbean style. Instead of regular rice, they have a rice and beans mixture cooked on coconut oil.
- Beans – of course you can’t visit these countries with a form of refried beans.
And creamy tasty guacamole.
And delicious, not spicy, salsa.