From different heating zones, and a hood to long-lasting batteries, learn all you need to know about iHood heated vests in this review.
Winter is coming and with this, colder trips and journeys, there are many ways to stay warm in winter, but for those like me who can stay put in a single place, options are reduced. I have heard of heating clothing before, but never looked too much into it, that was until I came across iHood heated vest.
Whether you’re a fan of heated clothing, who has probably heard of iHood heated vest before, or just someone who wants to be warm in winter like me, this review is for you. We will take a closer look at the features, pros, and cons of this heated vest, and help you decide if it is the right choice for you.
Don’t forget to get travel insurance for your trip—get coverage for:
• Medical emergencies
• Stolen or lost goods
• Canceled flights and more
I’ve been using VISITORS COVERAGE for years and highly recommend it!
What is the iHood Heated Vest?
The iHood heated vest is a product with 8 different heating areas made of carbon fiber that cover the chest, back, collar, and hood.
The vest comes with a huge battery pack of, 14400mAh, that can last up to 9 hours of heat on low setting, 6 hours on medium setting, or 5 hours on high setting. But it can last up to 20 hours if only the hood zone is heating on low setting, in case you want to save battery.
Not only that, but it also has 3 temperature control switches that allow you to adjust the heat level for each zone independently and a button to turn the LED lights on and off.
It’s made of nylon on the outside, and polyester on the inside. The vest is water-resistant too, and the zipper feels sturdy, which is a big pro. I was looking for something that not only keeps me warm but also, feels and looks good and is sturdy enough to last long, and it feels that way.
Heated Vest with Battery Pack and Retractable Heated Hood by iHood
A heated vest with 8 different heating areas that cover the chest, back, and hood with a battery of 14400mAh and easy-to-use temperature control switches for each area.
How easy is it to wash it?
One of the biggest issues I have with heated clothing is the cleaning process, but fortunately, the iHood heated vest is washable and is incredibly easy to do.
You can do it either manually or in a washing machine, but make sure to remove the battery and use a laundry bag to avoid the cables getting damaged by the machine. Also, make sure the cables are inside the pocket.
- Avoid adding bleach.
- Is recommended to use a gentle and cold cycle.
- Avoid dry cleaning, most of the heating clothes need to be dried on a line and not in a machine.
Book Your Flight
Find a cheap flight using EXPEDIA. It’s the website I use whenever I want to book a flight.
Book Your Accommodation
Get Travel Insurance
I always prioritize getting travel insurance before traveling, I use VISITORS COVERAGE (best for everyone).
Ready to Book Your Trip?
Check out this TRAVEL TIPS page for the best tricks to get the most out of your journey.
What are the Pros of the iHood Heated Vest?
While looking for a heated vest online, comparing products, and testing it myself, I noticed huge pros that make this one stand out from the others.
Some of the pros are:
- It has 8 heating zones and is larger than others.
- It can heat 3 different areas of your body, which is wonderful.
- The retractable hood is a huge pro, getting to warm your ears, head, and neck on a cold day is a must, and you can hide it when not using it and turn off the heat to save battery.
- 3 different control switches for the temperature that let me handle the heat level for each zone and save battery.
- The battery is huge and is not only a battery, you can actually charge your phone or other devices with it.
- The panels get warm really fast and can get really hot but not to the point that can be harmful.
- The design is stylish, you can’t tell the difference from a regular vest.
- It’s super easy to clean and maintain.
What are the Cons?
The iHood heated vest is not perfect, and while there’s nothing bad that stands out a lot, it has some drawbacks that you should know.
Some of the cons are:
- It may be expensive for some people, but the price range is okay for its quality.
- It can be tricky to operate the temperature control switches without looking at them, but you are okay once you’re used to them.
- It can be bulky and heavy when wearing it with the battery pack if you have never used a heated vest before, but that’s something you need to get used to.
Is the iHood Heated Vest Worth Buying?
Yes, it’s highly worth buying. The iHood vest gets the job done, the materials are nice, and the battery lasts long enough for a day out.
If you are looking for a heated vest that can keep you warm in any cold conditions, and you don’t mind spending a few extra bucks for extra features and style, then the iHood heated vest is a good option for you.
Where Can You Buy It?
The iHood heated vest is available on Amazon, where you can find more customer reviews and ratings. You can also visit the official website of iHood to learn more about their products and services.
Disclosure: This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission for any purchases made through the links. Your trust is important to us, and we ensure that all products or services we recommend meet or exceed our editorial standards.