You are planning to go on a rafting trip and are looking for tips on the internet. Well! You are in the right place now. A rafting trip requires prior preparations as there are things you should carry to have a safe trip without interruptions. Rafting is an adventurous sport that provides you with an adrenalin rush; therefore, it is suited for anyone who likes to add a bit of trill to their vacation. But at times, river rafting can be quite soothing and calm as well, depending on what part of the river you are planning to raft in. Therefore, when it comes to selecting the river, take into account the type of people you are going out with; a family rafting trip with the wife and kids would look different from a journey with a group of adventurous junkies.
What To Bring: When it comes to river rafting, you are only as good as your gears. Therefore, be very careful while selecting outdoor gear for your trip. Depending on the climate and weather, you would need to bring different things to the journey. If it is a commercial outfitter, they will provide most of the items required for the trip, whereas you are solely responsible for your safety on a private trip. Ensure you have the appropriate clothing required while onboard on a commercial trip.
- Take a small tube of sunscreen that fits perfectly well inside your pocket. You can imagine that you will be onboard for a while with the sun beating directly to your face; therefore, taking a sunblock is mandatory for a rafting trip.
- Bring a water bottle and a small snack bag as you might feel peckish on a long rafting trip. Be sure to keep the bag securely tied to the raft or you.
Outfit For Warm Weather: When the weather is warm, it is more fun to get wet. On most rafting trips, people get wet because of the massive waves that come over while rafting. So, you must wear something that dries quickly, like a bathing suit or shorts. You may wear a synthetic shirt that doesn’t absorb the heat of the sun.
- You should wear sturdy footwear that is going to stick to your feet. You can wear sandals with straps but no flip-flops.
- You want to protect yourself from the scorching sun while on the rafting trip. Therefore, wear sunglasses with a retainer strap, a hat that covers your face from the sun.
- Don’t wear cotton clothes as they get cold if wet, and it takes longer for cotton materials to dry up.
Outfit For Cold Weather: You need to wear clothes that repel the waters in cold or rainy weather. Purchase waterproof jackets that are ideal for rafting. Wear synthetic or woolen socks to keep your feet warm. Wear synthetic long shirts and thin layers of long synthetic underwear to be warm. You may search the internet to get coupons for outdoor recreation and get exciting deals on new rafting gears. You may also consider renting or buying a full-body wetsuit for the journey.