Credit cards are everywhere in these days. And there are tons of great ones out there that you can choose from. The great thing is that most offer benefits that can help you save on your next trip because they allow you to use points to purchase or book stuff. It isn’t very complicated to find a good one, all you have to do is to ask, research and compare credit cards to find the right one for you.
5 Things to consider before you get a Credit Card:
The most important thing is to do a lot of research before settling for one. My advice is to keep your eye open for:
1. Rewards – As I mentioned before tons of companies offer reward credit cards, so always look for that. Why should you get one that doesn’t offer rewards?
How about free flights? Here are some options for best cards for free flights.
2. Extra fees – Paying $50 – $100 per year, just for having a credit card, might not be worth it for a lot of people. However if you are the kind of person that uses the card a lot and travels a lot it could be beneficial because just for paying fees you get better rewards.
3. How many points do I get per dollar? – This is a very important question to ask to the companies. Another good question is: how can I get bonus points per purchase? Because in some cases, credit companies have partnered with other brands or stores to offer extra points from buying there.
4. Signing up and spending minimum – Inquire if the credit company that you are considering offers a bonus when you sign up. It is always a nice plus to get a bunch f points just for getting a credit card. Another cool feature that some offer, are bonus points once you have passed their spending minimum, so be sure to ask about that spending minimum too.
5. Exchange rates – Try to get a credit card that won’t give you a completely ridiculous exchange rate when you are abroad. The idea is to save, not to keep spending more and more. Going crazy, looking for places where you can pay in your currency, during your vacation to avoid these fees completely defeats the purpose and convenience of having a credit card.
Learning, inquiring and truly researching about all of the aspects that were mentioned before will help you to make a better decision and to make the best out of the rewards and benefits. It can also help you save while on vacation. Finding the right card for you might be a lot of work but you won’t regret it!
Paying $50 – $100 per year, just for having a credit card, might not be worth it for a lot of people. However if you are the kind of person that uses the card a lot and travels a lot it could be beneficial because just for paying fees you get better rewards.