Since February 2017, eligible foreigners can travel to Vietnam with a simplified procedure of getting a visa. Vietnam’s government implemented electronic visas that can be applied online with a few clicks.
There are several Vietnam eVisa types according to different purposes of travel: a tourist, business, and transit visa. All of them permit staying in the country for up to 30 days.
An electronic visa allows its holders to enter Vietnam once during its validity period. The validity starts on the day before the planned date of entering the country and lasts for one month. Then it can be extended for an additional fee.
The application process is effortless and can be completed by a person with any level of computer skills. An applicant needs to fill out an application form, upload the necessary documents, and pay the fee.
An approved Vietnam eVisa is delivered directly to the applicant’s email address. Make a printout, bring it with your valid passport to the entry point, and start your adventures in Vietnam!
Types of Vietnam eVisa
Three types of Vietnam eVisas can be distinguished according to the purposes of travel:
- a tourism eVisa – you should choose this permit if you travel to Vietnam for leisure matters, sightseeing, exploring Vietnam, or visiting your family members and friends
- a business eVisa – this type serves business purposes, so it’s for business meetings, discussing cooperation, negotiating, looking for new business opportunities, etc.
- a transit eVisa – you need to choose this type if you enter Vietnam only to get to your next travel destination
Vietnam eVisa application process
You can submit the application for an electronic visa to Vietnam within minutes with a few clicks:
- Select the type of Vietnam eVisa according to the purpose of your travel.
- Enter the requested details in the application form. You may need to provide your personal, contact, and travel information.
- Attach digital photographs of relevant documents.
- Make the payment of 79 Euro. You can use any of the online payment options presented on our website.
- Await a decision. Your application needs to be processed. The processing time differs from case to case, but most of our customers don’t need to wait for more than a few days.
- The approved online visa to Vietnam will be sent to your email address as a PDF document. You need to print it out.
Apply at least 5 days in advance of your planned arrival date.
Validity of an online visa to Vietnam
The validity period of a Vietnam electronic visa is the same as the period of stay it enables – 30 days. The eVisa becomes effective on the day before the planned date of entering Vietnam.
All Vietnam eVisa types are single-entry ones, so you can use your visa only for one visit to Vietnam. Make sure to enter Vietnam while your visa is still valid.
With an additional payment, you can extend your online visa. Please contact the local Immigration Department Office to know more.
Compared to other countries, Vietnam doesn’t require travelers to prepare a big set of documentation. All that is needed is to attach the files of these documents:
- your passport’s bio-data page (the passport must stay valid for a minimum of 180 days from the intended day of entry into Vietnam)
- your face photo
You are able to take photographs using your phone or PC camera.
Online application requirements
The process of applying for an electronic visa to Vietnam is entirely online and remote. For this reason, you need to satisfy some conditions to be able to complete the online application:
- you need to own a functioning device (a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC)
- you must have a stable internet connection (mobile, hardwired, Wi-Fi)
- your email account must be active and accessible
- you need to have the ability to make online payments
Requirements on arrival
When crossing the Vietnamese border, you will need to present your valid passport and a paper copy of a Vietnam eVisa.
Note that electronic visas are accepted only at particular Vietnam entry points. You must choose one of the following:
- Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
- Phu Bai Int Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Tân Sơn Nhất Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Bo Y
- Cau Treo
- Cha Lo
- Ha Tien
- Huu Nghi
- La Lay
- Lao Bao
- Lao Cai
- Moc Bai
- Mong Cai
- Na Meo
- Nam Can
- Song Tien
- Tay Trang
- Tinh Bien
- Xa Mat
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Cam Pha Seaport
- Hai Phong
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hon Gai
- Nghi Son Seaport
- Nha Trang
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
- Vung Ang Seaport
You can change the chosen point of entry if the new one is of the same type, e.g., Chan May Seaport instead of Nghi Son Seaport.