I’ll be honest, the only thing I knew about Savannah was that Clint Eastwood made a movie about one of those twisted, true story murders amongst the Southern elite. And, that it is a quaint little town where Southern Belles and Southern hospitality still trump everything else. That’s why I decided to visit it and stay at Holiday Inn Express Savannah, here’s my full experience and review.
In other words, I didn’t know much at all about this city. Which in most cases was great because it can surprise me completely.
However, I definitely didn’t think it was going to surprise me this MUCH.
With my lack of knowledge or ignorance – for a better term, I didn’t really know where to even start looking for hotels. From most of my research, I read that it was a city with some of the most historical events and that the original 22 squares/parks still remained.
Belonging to many travel groups on Facebook allowed me to get good recommendations. So when I was recommended over and over again to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Savannah on Bay Street, I figured I couldn’t go wrong with that recommendation.
Related Read: Places to Visit in Georgia in Spring
Why Holiday Inn in Savannah GA Totally Surprised Me
My husband and I rarely get a chance to get away. My kids don’t like staying with just anyone, so we mainly take advantage of staying with my parents and leaving them with them to enjoy romantic getaways. So I was really looking forward to our time in Georgia, especially in Savannah.
The last time I stayed in a Holiday Inn was over a decade ago. And all I really remembered about this hotel chain was that they were clean, usually had good locations, and were adequate.
Well, they must have done some serious rebranding because OMG!
- First of all, the hotel was located in one of the best spots. Literally across the street from the River Walk. This was how little I knew about Savannah, I didn’t know they had one of the best river walks in the country.
- Secondly, it was within walking distance of all the squares and parks, and other main attractions.
- Thirdly, it was a luxurious hotel now. Maybe not the five stars, Ritz-Carlton-luxury, but fantastic.
- Fourthly, we stayed on the top floor and had an incredible view of the Riverfront. (This was also our view from our room.)
- Fifthly, the upstairs rooftop lounge was so great. They had a pool, lounge area, and gym. But the view was really all you needed.
- Sixthly, the service was fantastic. True, genuine, southern hospitality at its best.
- Seventhly, the breakfast was delicious and included in the price. Even though they say it was a small breakfast buffet, I honestly don’t know what more they can have to make it large.
- Eighthly, I would recommend this hotel to everyone. And am now planning on staying in Holiday Inn as much as I can.
- Ninthly, stay tuned to why Savannah surprised us so much.
Information for Staying at the Holiday Inn Express Savannah
Address: 199 East Bay Street Savannah, Georgia 31401
Phone: 1 800 83 54 654
Check In: 4:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM
Price: $105 – $160