The joys of traveling with modern conveniences mean less stress and more fun. If your RV microwave is properly installed and you use it with care, it can help you in the kitchen. Traveling by RV does not mean you have to stop at fast food joints and eat diner fare. My wife and I love to cook on our grill, stove, or even in our RV microwave. With the tips we are about to share, you will be able to use your microwave like a pro.The perks of having a good RV microwave while you travel and tips on how to make the most of it.In this post, you will learn RV microwave.
How to Get the Most Benefit from Your RV Microwave While Traveling
You Can Cook in Your Microwave
Many people are quite surprised to learn they can actually cook in their microwave. Microwave cooking has come a long way over the years. While microwaves still cook a perfect bag of buttery popcorn, they can also be used to create dynamic meals. If you do not have a microwave, make sure you check here for RV Microwave reviews so you can make the best purchase.
Surprising Cooking Chores You Can Do in a Microwave
Over the years, we have logged a lot of miles in our RV. Time spent out on the open road has produced memories we will never forget. Some of the best memories have taken place right in our RV kitchen. With a little trial and error, we have discovered there is a lot more to microwave cooking than meets the eye.
- Melt all types of chocolate
- Toast bread crumbs and nuts
- Perfectly steam vegetables
- Cook fish to the perfect doneness
- Cook crispy bacon without the mess
- Bake a tender potato
- Cook steamed rice
- Make creamy polenta
- Bake single-serve mug cakes
There was a brief time period where our RV stove broke down and we were in the middle of a trip. Instead of surviving on fast food burgers and greasy diner selections, we put our microwave to the test and really discovered it could actually help us prepare delicious meals.
If you have a convection microwave oven, you can even bake a whole chicken. Those who have tiny RV kitchens often end up replacing their big stove with a microwave convection oven so they can save tons of space and still enjoy cooking.
Keep Your Microwave Clean
Cleaning chores are not high on my list of things I want to do, but there are some tips that make microwave cleaning much easier. Follow these easy tips and your microwave will always be sparkling clean.
- Cover all dishes with plastic wrap or even a paper towel to avoid bubbling messes.
- Wipe down any spills as soon as they happen. Dried foods are harder to remove.
- If your microwave is really dirty, put a bowl of water with lemon juice and cook for 4-5 min. The dried-on foods will wipe right out, without chemical cleaners.
- Got a smelly microwave? Put a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar in a cup of water. Microwave for 4 minutes and then leave the door closed for 5. The smells will be gone!
Always Practice Safety When Using a Microwave
- Children should always be supervised when using the microwave.
- Use oven mitts when removing hot dishes.
- Be careful when microwaving liquids because the steam can cause major burns.
- Never microwave metal!
- Do not stand in front of the microwave while it is on.
Using proper technique and practicing safety in your RV kitchen will help to ensure your microwave works beautifully to prepare all types of delicious dishes. Do not be afraid to experiment and try new microwave recipes. You may just surprise yourself!
If you want to know more about RV camping guide, you can feel free to check here at http://campingmoz.com/. We love sharing RV tips and are constantly updating our blog with our latest finds.
Microwave cooking in an RV can be just as fun as cooking on a regular stove top. If you know the limitations of your microwave and use it appropriately, you will find it becomes an essential tool in your RV kitchen arsenal. RV microwaves allow for faster cooking with the perfect results you are looking for each and every time. Try some of the tips today and let us know how they work for you.