The Melbourne airport is one of the major airports in the whole of Australia. It is the gateway to the rest of Australia, Asia and the Pacific, and even the whole world. Because of its size, its parking area is also understandably large; however, it can get full, too. If you plan on taking your car with you when you travel, make it a habit to plan your parking services Melbourne as early as you can to make your schedule as hassle-free as possible. Here’s how you can find a car park easily around Melbourne Airport. Tips and tricks to find Melbourne Airport Parking nearby and convenient to your needs. Look at this post about Melbourne Airport Parking. Services like Parkhound offer help for any other parking issues.
Find Melbourne Airport Parking
1. Lay out your needs and options
When choosing the best parking at Melbourne airport, start by laying out your needs and options available. When you do this, you can select the parking spot that is best suitable for you. For example:
- Budget Car Park, which is more suitable for short-term travelers, and who are looking for the best value for money.
- Long Term Car Parks, which is more suitable for long-term travelers, as its name suggests.
- Terminal Car Parks, more ideal for families traveling with special needs and young children, where you need to be as close to the terminal as possible.
These three category options can help narrow down your location choice, depending on your travel schedule and needs as well.
2. Book online
Traveling has been made relatively easier today, being that there are now many options to book your parking slot online. When you do this in advance, on the day of the travel itself, you will no longer have to worry about long lines, the waiting list, and to spend so much time going around just to find a slot to park.
The best advantage of booking your parking slot online also is that you can save on the parking fees. In the same manner as you would with airplane tickets, the earlier you book your parking, the cheaper the rates can be as well.
You can book your parking online as early as 12 months before your travel date, and up to 2 hours before your travel time.
3. Map out your parking lot journey
Because the Melbourne parking lot is likely relatively full even before your trip, Google the parking map and plot out your journey from your parking space to your terminal. For example:
- Consider the shuttle bus services, so you wouldn’t have to walk too far with all your luggage in tow.
- Consider the disabled parking slots, especially if you have family members who need special care and assistance.
- Consider the drop off points as well.
Even a small detail such as mapping out your parking lot travel can make things so much more convenient during the day itself, especially if you have big bags and children in tow.
4. Subscribe to parking areas newsletters
If you frequently travel through the Melbourne airport, it is to your advantage if you subscribe to regular newsletters. Doing so makes it easier for you to find the best parking spots around the Melbourne airport at a discounted price. Even more so, you can be one of the very first to get the latest dibs on promo codes. Whatever amount you can save, no matter how small, is already a great deal, especially for a frequent traveler.
5. Contact the 24/7-customer service of the Melbourne airport
The Melbourne airport parking area has a 24-hour customer service that you can contact. You should have this number saved in your mobile phone so that you wouldn’t have to Google it at the very last minute. Customer service is more than willing to assist you with any of your parking concerns. For your convenience, the customer service of the Melbourne airport can be reached at +61 3 9297 1318.
6. Go for a valet parking service
If you really want a top-of-the-line experience with your trip, you can go for a valet parking service. Valet parking refers to the kind of parking where you go down exactly where your terminal is, and a valet parking chauffeur will come over to take control of your car and park your car. This type of service is also available at the Melbourne airport. Valet parking service is also beneficial for the following:
- If you have so much luggage in tow
- If you are traveling with children, elderly or family members with special needs
- If you are a businessman or a busy individual who needs to maximize all the spare time
It may seem like taking care of your parking options in advance is only a minute matter. However, it does count, as whatever little stressor you have taken care of before your date of travel makes the whole trip smoother. You wouldn’t want to start your journey in a bad mood all because you missed finding a convenient parking space.