Ok, so who hasn’t heard of the speedy and fierce Jaguar? And I’m not talking about the famous car brand! These super-fast felines can be found in Costa Rica in Corcovado National Park. And are one of the most amazing animals to spot in Costa Rica. They have many qualities, and you should be careful while hiking in the country, you can easily find them.
Costa Rica is an amazing country to plan eco-friendly travel to. Since it has so many natural and green areas is considered one of the best destinations for wildlife. A lot of people come to the country to practice and do birding among other wildlife watching activities.
But, I bet you didn’t know these thrilling Facts About Jaguars:
1. Jaguars are considered one of the fastest animals on Earth!
2. Besides Guatemala and Belize, Costa Rica has one of the highest Jaguar populations in the world.
3. The Jaguar is the 3rd largest feline after Tiger and Lion.
4. Jaguars mainly live in dense forests, but, have been found in different types of forests and even in open land. No matter where they live, it’s mandatory that the place has water because Jaguars, like other felines, love swimming.
5. Jaguar’s hunting methods are adventurous and thrilling. They stalk predators! Meaning that they will stalk their food first, ambush with integrity, and then will look for the opportunity to attack with fierce speed.
6. Jaguars have developed an exceptionally powerful bite with their strong teeth that can even pierce the shell of armored reptiles!
7. Plus, they bite the skull of their prey, delivering a fatal blow to their brain.
8. Jaguar’s are rapidly becoming extinct. Even though main organizations and foundations along with national park systems do all they can to protect this gorgeous animal, they are still heavily hunted by humans, particularly in conflicts with ranchers and farmers.