From crystal clear waters to unique attractions, Exuma is a place of beauty, adventure, and unparalleled experiences.
It’s no wonder the beautiful island chain is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world.
Whether you’re planning a vacation or just looking for some fun activities to pass your time, here are ten of the best things to do in Exuma.
Things to do in Exuma
1. Pig Beach – Home to a whole host of swimming pigs, this beach is one of the most popular attractions in Exuma.
The pigs are friendly and love to be fed, making it an ideal experience for families with young children.
Be sure to bring plenty of snacks when visiting Pig Beach, Bahamas!
2. Coco Plum Beach – Located near Georgetown, this secluded beach offers visitors stunning views and plenty of opportunities for relaxation.
You can also try your hand at fishing or snorkeling in the area’s calm waters.
3. Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park – Established in 1958 as the first national park in The Bahamas, this protected area covers 176 square miles of land and sea and is home to unique ecosystems that make it perfect for eco-tourism activities like kayaking and snorkeling.
4. Swim with Sharks – If you’re feeling brave, why not take a dip with some sharks?
There are plenty of tour operators offering guided excursions into open waters where you can swim alongside these majestic creatures safely within their natural habitat.
5. George Town – Visit George Town on Great Exuma Island and explore its many attractions including historic buildings, restaurants, shopping venues and more!
Don’t forget to take a walk along its picturesque harbor for some unforgettable views over Elizabeth Harbor.
6. Snorkel Pablo Escobar’s Sunken Plane – Take a dive down memory lane with a visit to Escobar’s sunken airplane located off Norman’s Cay Island!
The remains offer an incredible view into the past life of one of history’s most notorious drug traffickers from Colombia in the 1980s.
7. Snorkel Thunderball Grotto – Explore Thunderball Grotto which was featured in two James Bond films – “Thunderball” (1965) and “Never Say Never Again” (1983).
This underwater cave provides an amazing opportunity for snorkeling enthusiasts who want to explore its hidden depths filled with colorful fish species that call it home!
8. Local Cuisine – No trip would be complete without trying out some local cuisine!
Head over to Staniel Cay Yacht Club for delicious meals prepared by award-winning chefs who specialize in Bahamian dishes like conch fritters and cracked lobster tails served with sweet potato fries or grilled vegetables as sides!
9. Feed the Iguanas – These friendly reptiles roam around George Town freely so don’t forget to grab some food before heading out on your journey through town!
Not only will they give you great company, but they’ll also be happy recipients of your generous snacks!
10. Kayaking – Get up close and personal with nature through kayaking along Exuma’s mangrove forests!
This activity is perfect for all ages so grab your family or friends and embark on an adventure exploring all that this beautiful island has to offer from above as well as below its waters!
From swimming pigs at Pig Beach to feeding iguanas at George Town, there are countless things you can do while visiting Exuma Islands in The Bahamas!
Whether you’re looking for adventure or just want to relax by its pristine beaches, these ten activities provide something for everyone so start planning your trip today!
With so much beauty surrounding you throughout your stay on Exuma Islands, don’t forget to bring your camera along – you won’t want to miss capturing any moment from this paradise destination!