First and foremost, don't overthink this.
Permission Slip: there is no wrong way of doing this!
Let's start with YOUR adventure list.
As the old saying goes:
"Unwritten goals are just dreams."
"When you write them down, it sets off a chain of events that will change your life."
How to Conquer Your Adventure List
- Pick starter goals - They should be doable. Instead of the goal of baking a seven layer cake, how about a small pound cake.
- Break an adventure into actionable step - want to Mount Everest, how about hiking the closest hill near your house to the top.
- Give yourself a deadline - make it real. Some day is not real.
- Start right NOW - make 'one day' to DAY ONE right now
- BONUS Accountability - that's what I am here for and more . . .
Still need more of inspiration and direction?
These are some of the questions I use to help me build my own ADVENTURE LIST:
- What types of new foods do you want try (that you never tried before)?
- What types of food do you want to cook (that are unique and totally new to you)?
- What cultural traditions do you want to try (ie. Japanese Tea House)?
- Are there any sports that you always wanted to try but haven't?
- What music events do you want to attend?
- What sports events do you want to attend?
- What has always been your biggest dream in life?
- What classes have you always thought about taking: art, cooking, carpentry, etc...?
- If money and fear were not an issue what would you do?
- What would you like to do with your kids?
- What would you like to do with your partner?
- In what ways do you want to do improve yourself physically?
- What skills have you wanted to learn, ie. cooking, painting, singing, etc...?
- Is there a charity or organization you have always wanted to volunteer with and support (hands-on)?
- What was your childhood dream (one that you still want to go for)?
- Deathbed regrets, don't have them - what would you do right now to avoid that?
- What stories do you want to share with your grandchildren?
- Is there someplace you have always wanted to share with your loved ones?