One of the main reasons I’ve kept dismissing my oldest boy’s constant requests for camping boiled down to not having a good tent. And also the fact that I was not the biggest camping fan. So if I was to go camp, it needed to be the best of the best.
Since I’m no pro, finding a tent that will be large enough, durable enough, fun for the whole family and affordable was no easy task.
Coleman has been our go-to company for different outdoor activities for years. Their equipment lasts for years and years. So after succumbing to my son’s begging to camp, naturally they were the first company I turned to.
Coleman Insta Clip Family Screen House Review
OMG, the last time I went camping was literally over twenty years ago. That was also when I did any sort of search for tents.
Wow, how the tenting market has grown and improved. Just reading through all the Coleman tent options (and there are tons for all tastes, sizes, and budgets), I started to get super excited about our upcoming camping trip.
Now the hard part was: which tent to get?
This really comes down to what your needs are. After a lot of back and forth with my husband, we decided on the Steel Creek 6 Person Fast Pitch Dome Tent with a Screen Porch.
Related Read: 7 Campsite Lighting Ideas to Shed a Little Light to Your Nights
Why this one?
1. 6 person capacity – my brother was joining us for our Vermont Camping trip so we needed a tent that can hold at least five people comfortably.
2. Screen porch – my husband and son have gone camping before to nearby campsites where you can rent tents and the one thing my husband was extremely adamant about, was to have a porch area separate from the main cabin. He was done having all the dirt carried in from the outside by the kids to where we sleep.
3. Fast Pitch – in all honesty, I wasn’t looking for this in particular, simply because I’ve never even heard of such a thing. But one thing I remember from my days of camping was how long and tedious the building of the tent took. Fastpitch literally means – pitching up the tent as fast as possible.
4. Durability and waterproof – I think this is kind of a given with all Coleman tents, but it was good to see it in print and reinforced. Gratefully, we didn’t have to put the waterproof part to the test.
How to Put Up a Fast Pitch Tent – Quick and Easy – Video
One thing I long forgot about family camping was how much it bonds families. From pitching up a tent to being together and connecting with nature. So grateful, my son convinced us to finally do it.
More Features of Our Tent
- Screen room with a full floor for bug-free lounging and added sleeping space on warm, dry nights
- Up to 50% faster setup and 75% more water-resistant than a comparable standard Coleman® tent with conventional setup
- Fast Pitch™ system with pre-attached, color-coded poles and hub, fast fit feet, and snag-free Insta-Clip™ suspension
- Illumiline™ reflective guy lines for greater visibility at night
- WeatherTec™ system – patented welded floors and inverted seams help keep water out
- Window awnings let you keep the windows open, even in the rain
- E-Port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside your tent
- Storage pockets to keep your gear organized
- Durable, Polyguard™ fabric is made to last season after season
- Included rainfly for extra weather protection
- Carry bag with rip strip makes packing up a cinch
- Easy setup in about 7 minutes
- Spacious interior has room for 2 queen airbeds
- 10 x 9 ft. with 10 x 5 ft. screen room
- 5 ft. 8 in. center height
- 1-year limited warranty
Today there are some pretty innovative instant tents as well, you can check out some options here.
3 thoughts on “Coleman Family Tents for Camping Review”
Yea for sure you picked nice tent but didnt you think about Wenzel ?? for example Wenzel Evergreen. I bough it last summer and im really happy with it.
By using the tips outlined in the parts one and two informed,
you will be in the greater position to ensure that you aren’t getting
scammed and be the newest owner of an exceptional caravan. RVers who’re driving Alaska highways the very first
time has to be careful about the moose; they often cause traffic crashes and traffic fatalities.
When you opt for the Campervan Hire, remember there are particular companies which
incorporate extra aspects like roadside aid if you
find a collision, insurance with no additional charges in the event it
comes with an extra driver.
Thank you for sharing this helpful article. I think this is the best article about family camping tents. I am also a camping lover so this article really helps me a lot.