Beignets, Beignets, Beignets. This is all we heard before coming to New Orleans. Everyone was telling us it is a must to eat them. Plus, watching ‘Princess and the Frog’ eight hundred times you have to get a taste.
Recommended Read: Visit New Orleans With Kids
However, before diving deep into beignets only, I found Cafe Beignet which also offered a full menu for breakfast.
I started my kids off with breakfast first. This way I knew they were fed.
However, not too much to my surprise, beignets became our beloved food while in New Orleans.
Recommended Read: Family Friendly Restaurants in New Orleans
What I Enjoyed About Cafe Beignet New Orleans
- The service is super in this café.
- Even though there was literally a line out the door when we arrived to get in and order (it’s counter service only), the staff was super friendly and really cheerful.
- The café gets super packed in the mornings. They also serve lunch and beignets all day. So you can come at a calmer time during the day.
- And the outdoor seating area is worth the extra wait.
Quick Facts On Beignets
- Beignets are commonly known in New Orleans as a breakfast served with powdered sugar on top. But they are served all day long.
- Beignets have been around in New Orleans for over two hundred years.
- They were brought to New Orleans in the 18th century by French colonists.
- They are a cross between a French pastry and an American doughnut.