The Croatian coastline is known as one of the most beautiful in Europe and with a ferry ticket to Croatia already booked, you probably have your sights set on exploring it. One of the best ways to explore Croatia is by yacht and the time to do so is now!
With this list, we’ve compiled some of the best places along the Croatian coast that you should visit while cruising.
Best places to visit when sailing in Croatia
1. Dubrovnik: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Dubrovnik is a must-see when sailing or cruising in Croatia. With its well-preserved medieval buildings and stunning coastal setting, Dubrovnik is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Croatia.
2. Hvar: Hvar is a beautiful Croatian island that is popular with sailors and tourists alike. With its sunny weather, crystal clear waters, and picturesque scenery, Hvar is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Croatian coastline.
3. Korčula: Another gorgeous Croatian island, Korčula is known for its Venetian architecture and medieval streets. Korčula is also home to some of Croatia’s best beaches, making it the perfect place to soak up the sun.
4. Split: The capital of Dalmatia, Split is a bustling city with plenty to see and do. From exploring the ancient Diocletian’s Palace to taking a dip in one of Split’s many beaches, there’s something for everyone in Split.
5. Zadar: A historic city located on the Adriatic Sea, Zadar is known for its Roman ruins and medieval churches.
Related Read: Tourist Attractions in Croatia
The Best Time To Visit Croatia
There are a few things to consider when trying to decide the best time to visit Croatia. The weather is one of the most important factors, as you will want to enjoy your time sailing and exploring the country.
The seasons of spring and fall offer the most temperate weather. However, if you are looking to experience Croatia’s famous beaches and crystal clear waters, you will want to visit during the summer months when temperatures are warm.
Keep in mind that July and August are peak tourist seasons, so you may want to visit during June or September for a more relaxed experience.
Another thing to consider is what type of crowds you would like to avoid. If you are looking for a truly authentic Croatian experience, it is best to visit during the off-season when there are fewer tourists. This also means that prices for lodging and activities will be lower.
No matter when you decide to visit Croatia, you are sure to have an incredible experience sailing through this beautiful country.
Related Read: Croatia Food Scene
Croatia is a country with so much to offer sailors. With its long coastline, there are many different places to explore. And, with the addition of new marinas and sailing clubs, it’s becoming even easier to sail in Croatia. So, if you’re looking for a place to visit when sailing in Croatia, be sure to check out these best places!
Last Updated on December 20, 2023