If you are looking to indulge in water sports during your summer vacation, you can look at the different places mentioned below that provides several exciting opportunities for water-based recreation activities. The best places in southeast asia to travel to if you practice water sport.
Best Places in Southeast Asia for Water Sports
Koh Samui and Phuket in Thailand is a popular option. Not only are these popular tourist destinations with the promise of the beach and natural beauty, but there are also different kinds of sports that one can try here.
- You could try jet skiing which will help you ride the waves without having to take extension classes.
- You could also try surfboarding, kayaking as well as kiteboarding, which are popular on the beaches of Koh Samui. You can also bring your own kayaks from your country if you purchased the inflatable type as they are light and easily compressed.
- There are several spots for surfing between Kata Yai and Phuket but it is always advised that you have local guides to help you know which are the spots that are safe and at what times of the year or the day.
- In general, November to March is the best time to indulge in water sports activities in these areas.
India has several spots where one can enjoy a wide range of water sports and related activities.
- Goa is known to be the most popular holiday destination when it comes to water sports. You can try scuba diving, parasailing, jet-skiing, windsurfing, dinghy sailing as well as fishing. It is best to come here during the winter months as the weather remains cool and it is ideal to try these sports activities. It is also ideal to come here during the off-season period when the beaches are quieter. Summer is also a good time, but the monsoon period should be avoided.
- The Andaman Islands are known for snorkeling and scuba diving which allows one to explore the marine species in the beautiful waters of the region. If you wanted to learn scuba diving, it is a great place to visit. There are diving spots and reefs such as Snake Island, Corruption Rock and Bala Reef which are known to be tourist hotspots as well as for water activities. You can also try windsurfing and parasailing which are popular activities and facilities on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Rishikesh as well as Lahaul are other areas known for water sports. You can try river rafting in these places where the mighty Ganges and other rivers of the Himachal provide great spots for water sports.
Other international water sports destinations
Other international destinations are Port Louis in Mauritius where sea kayaking is a popular activity. You can pick up the skills of kayaking here as well as check out the marine species in the Mauritian waters here. You could also swim with the dolphins as long as you have a local guide to show you how.
Other international destinations for water sports are Lake Tahoe, Miami in US and Brisbane in Australia as well as the Caribbeans. So go ahead and plan the place you wish to visit for trying water sports activities and have a blast.