So you just decided that you want to go to Costa Rica, what’s the next step? Well, you start by looking at the different areas, looking for good hotels, but most importantly you start deciding which of the adventure tours in Costa Rica are the most fun. Do you need help with that?
10 Adventure Tours Of Costa Rica
1. Canopy Tours – In them, you can fly through the sky! This activity is truly unique in Costa Rica. Very few countries in the world can offer canopy and views like this one.
2. Volcanoes – I lived in Costa Rica for almost six years and I have to say that seeing an active volcano or even a dormant one is still an incredible wonder to me. There are 112 volcanoes in Costa Rica, you gotta check one out!
3. Local Cuisine – Sure, vacations are all about indulging in great restaurants and great food, and I’m sure the fright of eating at a not-so-respectable restaurant wins over the adventurous side of many travelers. But why don’t you take a risk and go LOCAL. Trust me, if you don’t eat at a local soda (restaurant) you really haven’t lived.
4. Public Transportation – Where else can you see hurried business people, women with five kids and baskets filled with live chickens and produce, and working men with machetes all in the same spot at one time? So get on board and get a glimpse at local life from every aspect. I became a huge fan of local transportation.
5. Beach Bumming – Did you know that there are over 800 miles of beautiful coastline in Costa Rica? That is why you can’t miss them. You have to see at least one of beaches on the Pacific or the Caribbean. If not, you are really missing out!
6. Butterflies – Butterflies are pretty popular in Costa Rica. And they should! There are over 1000 different species and you can see them flying freely in any of the numerous butterfly gardens found all over the country.
7. The Children’s Museum – I know, The Children Museum doesn’t look like something that belongs on this list, however, bit is a great place for kids. The exhibits will entertain everyone from two years old to 102! My boy loved spending some time learning as he played.
8. National Parks – Take a tour where you will see the local, tropical flora and, almost always friendly, fauna! Costa Rica has over 25% of its land protected, so National Parks, Wildlife Refuges and Biological Reserves are found everywhere you go.
9. Water Sports – There is so much hype around these activities! With so much water flowing around and through the country, it only makes sense to either hop on a surfboard, jet ski, boat, kayak, raft or canoe. Believe me, you won’t be disappointed!
10. Shopping – The coolest souvenirs don’t come from local supermarkets, hardware stores, or shops. Yeah, sure it’s fun to hit some of the touristy shops, but if you visit the local, street vendors you will get a better experience, see what the locals are buying and get some great deals.
Believe me, once you know what you want to do and see, and what are the best activities in Costa Rica it will be a lot easier to plan your trip. Good Luck!
Enjoyed this post? Pin it!