The United Kingdom has always been a fascinating tourist spot for all the travel junkies out there. From historic buildings to museums to towering castles to top-notch universities, the country has something for everyone! With such a magnificent reputation, many suspect the country of not being budget-friendly, especially for the students who want to travel across and enjoy the rich cultural heritage and scenic landscapes. But worry not! We have got you covered. UK has always been a great tourist spot.Here’s five UK cities where every student can have an incredible time and money to remain friendly.
The city that gave rise to the most celebrated rock band The Beatles, Liverpool Football Club, and more is among our top picks for cheap travel destinations for students in The UK. The northern beauty is known for its warm hospitality and frugal living, comprising power-packed entertainment, soulful music, spectacular nightlife with student discounts in most bars & clubs, and mouth-watering delicacies. It is one of the most affordable and loved cities to travel to in the UK. And with multiple affordable student housing in Liverpool, no wonder why almost 70,000 students reside in the city.
While in the city, we suggest you take a stroll to some of the fantastic yet inexpensive places to relish your tour with:
- Culturally rich stunning galleries and museums with the likes of the Mersey ferry, the historic Albert Dock, and Tate Gallery
- Magnificent public parks to make you lost in the lap of nature: Sefton Park, St Luke’s Gardens, Prince’s Park
- Student-friendly bars: The Raz, Mojo, Salt Dog Slims
The capital of Wales, Cardiff, is the young and exciting city often cited as the top travel destination in the UK. The cosmopolitan city is easy to navigate and inexpensive to live in, along with a friendly neighborhood and various options for private student accommodation in Cardiff. The city is both an academic center of excellence and a major travel destination for students in the UK.
If you are looking for a fantastic time without having to spend much, make sure to visit:
- World-class beaches within an hour’s drive from the city to enjoy sunbathing, sailing, surfing, and more
- For history buffs, The National Museum of Wales is a great visit to learn about the place’s culture.
- For the foodies out there, visit the international food festival every summer in Cardiff Bay.
Growing up with the fascinating tale of Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest, Nottingham has caught all our major fancies, and what better way to experience those than to pay a visit to the legendary city. Located in the heart of England and referred to by the name Queen of the Midlands, Nottingham surpasses excellence in everything while staying super affordable for the students to venture into it.
The QS Best Student Cities 2019 ranked Nottingham as the 6th best city in the UK for students and 48th worldwide. Not only that, the price stays cheap for the student rooms in Nottingham, making it an attractive deal to invest one’s time and money to indulge fully in the trip.
So, pack your bags to go to the finest countryside and remember to visit:
- The legendary Sherwood Forest
- National Justice Museum
- Wollaton Hall–the shooting place for The Dark Knight Rises
- Underground caves
Manchester is the UK’s second-biggest city and the third most visited city by international tourists. With up to 200 languages spoken in it, the linguistically diverse region holds a reputation for being the second most affordable city for students in the UK. There are multiple student accommodations in Manchester that are not only inexpensive but also aesthetically pleasing. The city welcomes everyone to enjoy its nightlife, restaurants, shopping centers, gigs, and of course, its culture!
Get started your travel journey in the city with:
- The National Football Museum
- The Whitworth Art Gallery
- Chinatown for countless restaurants, supermarkets, and festivals
- Albert Square: the 19th-century Town Hall building which forms the center of many of Manchester’s biggest festivals
The city of Edinburgh is home to historic old towns, stunning castles, magnificent events and a massive hub of the best universities in the UK. The city not only is budget-friendly for travelling but also known to have affordable student fees. Naturally, it makes it a popular destination for education and leisure trips, earning it the status of the second most visited city in the UK.
There are many amazing things that a student can do for free to have a wonderful time in the Scottish capital that includes:
- Visiting the Royal Botanic Gardens, just a mile away from the city center
- Spending time in the Scottish National Gallery
- A visual delight, St Giles Cathedral, which has a rich history and stunning architecture
- And exploring the quaint streets of Dean Village
How can Amberstudent help you?
AmberStudent serves millions of students worldwide by providing the best options and rewarding experience for booking a house. We are upgraded with the latest COVID protocols and would be more than happy to assist you in booking your ideal home. Tune in to our Facebook and Instagram to stay updated.
Author: Harshita A (Content Writer at AmberStudent)
Harshita A, a postgraduate in English Journalism and a graduate in Hotel Management. She has worked in diverse industries that sparked her interest in constantly learning new things and chasing life with a curious perspective. She considers herself an old soul who has a profound outlook on the world and wishes to share it with everyone through her art–writing.