Have you ever considered a trip to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia? You probably have! It is the sixth most visited city in the world so, a lot of people have. That is because of the amount of things there are to be done in this city. These attractions include: their cultural diversity, relatively low costs as well as wide gastronomic and shopping variety.
The first concern when planning a trip is always: where am I going to stay? I know that not all travelers like the same kind of accommodations, so it is a good thing that the city has such varied options. There are places suited for backpackers, luxurious resorts and serviced apartments in Kuala Lumpur. So there is no real reason to about that. There is something for everyone.
Photo by: Jakub Michankow
Then there are the many attractions that the city offers.
5 of the Top Things to do in Kuala Lumpur:
- Merdeka Square – This is the place where the union flag was lowered and the Malayan flag hoisted for the first time. It is also where the Merdeka Parade (National Day Parade) takes place.
- The House of Parliament – A beautiful building located next to the Malaysian National Monument that is worth checking out.
- The Petaling Street – Known as a place where cheap clothes and accessories are found. There are also tons of traditional restaurants with local food.
- The National Museum – Is the perfect place to learn and get a complete overview of the history and culture of Malaysia.
- The Kuala Lumpur Tower – The tower is used for communication purposes but us a beautiful sight, especially at night. It is open to the public, you are allowed to take an elevator to the top.
These are only a few of the best touristic attractions. There is no question as to why it is so popular.