Traveling by bike has always been one of the best ways to get around. Whether you are traveling locally or visiting a different country, biking enables you to cover more ground and see as many sights in a short amount of time. The concept of biking has often eluded many people because there is an idea that it requires a certain level of physical fitness. However, this is all about to change with the advent of e-bikes, or electric bikes.
What are E-Bikes?
E-bikes are short for electric bikes, which is equipped with a battery-powered assist that is activated when you pedal. This product has grown in popularity over recent years such that many cyclists have adopted its use (versus traditional bikes). The presence of a battery-powered assist feature is partly the reason for its growth in popularity. This makes it easy to handle especially when you are ascending on a hill or if you are tired from biking. Once activated, the battery-powered assist will spring the bike into action so you can continue moving even with little to no effort on the biker’s part.
This transportation tool has provided an excellent solution for holidaymakers or those who simply want to travel via bike. It offers the benefits of regular cycling but without the need to exert a tremendous amount of effort. This is made possible by the introduction of new technology that makes your biking experience easier and more convenient. And yet, it will be hard to tell the difference between an e-bike versus a traditional bike, except for the slight humming that the former produces when you are riding it.
Benefits of Traveling with E-Bikes
There are plenty of transportation options available when you travel. But why is choosing to travel with e-bikes a great idea? The following are some of the reasons that will explain that and will convince you to choose this mode of transportation, as well.
- Assisted Pedal – Manually pedaling a bike is fun when you are traveling for a short distance. However, it can be challenging when you have to travel for a longer distance or at varying terrains. The assisted biking feature of e-bikes makes it suitable for individuals who are not so fit, or for older individuals that lack the strength or endurance. The battery-powered pedal assist is integrated into the design of the bike so you can get a boost when pedaling. People of all ages and fitness levels can bike for an extended period of time, thanks to this technology!
- Increase Physical Activity – Due to the assisted biking capabilities, the use of e-bikes encourages more physical activity. Cycling is more enjoyable. And as such, you are more likely to cycle as a result of that! It is a fun yet easy way to integrate more physical activity into your daily routine, or even when you are traveling.
- Eco-Friendly – If you are an eco-conscious traveler or want to do so more sustainably, then traveling with e-bikes is one way to do that. Climate change and global warming are hot topics that had been plaguing the environment for many years now. Small acts you do can contribute towards that cause. For eco-conscious travelers, e-bikes is definitely the number one choice of transportation.
- Widely Available – As e-bikes are becoming more common, it is easy to find e-bike rentals wherever you are in the world. In fact, e-bikes have become the standard for travel in many European countries. When you go on holiday, you can easily find tour options that provide e-bikes as an alternative option for traveling. But it will only become a matter of time until they are no longer viewed as an alternative but rather the primary way to get around.
- Highly Efficient – Instead of renting a car when you travel, e-bikes provide a highly efficient way to get around and see as many sights as possible. Looking for parking spots can be troublesome and paying for parking fees can easily add up your travel cost. But when you opt for an e-bike, it is easy to find a parking spot and you no longer have to cover the cost of parking fees.
Activities and Ideas with E-Bikes
Cycling holidays are a niche in the travel and tourism industry that is slowly but surely gaining traction. Indeed, there are many fun ideas and tour activities that you can explore using e-bikes as the primary mode of transportation. It first started out in Europe but it is only a matter of time until e-bike tours become the norm in other parts of the world, as well.
Touring with e-bikes include a variety of activities such as sightseeing through plains and the countryside, visiting vineyards, and checking out historical sights. You can use it to go on food tours to try out regional cuisine. Traveling with an e-bike lets you travel at your own pace and enjoy the views for longer.