USA Visitor Visa is a tourist visa required to travel to the United States of America. It is also referred to as the B2 Visa. In other words, it is a non-immigrant visa issued to visitors entering the U.S. temporarily for medical treatment, tourism, and pleasure. Any foreign citizen who wants to visit the USA for tourism or to attend special events or for medical treatment may qualify for and apply for the Visitor Visa. The US travel visa is meant for specific purposes only.
These particular purposes comprise of tourism, medical treatment, and attending special events. However, visitors from certain countries may not need a visa if the trip is less than 90 days. This is also known as the US Visa Waiver Program, get more information here.
All About The Visitor Visa For The US
Facts about the USA B2 Visa
Here is the list of specific facts about the USA Visitor Visa.
- The visitor visa is subjected to approval. You have to apply for and get the visa stamped in your passport
- The tourist visa is granted for specific purposes only. The individuals entering the US on a visitor visa should not be involved in the study, work or business. In case your use of traveling is business, you should apply for the US Business Visa which is also known as the B1 visa
- An extension of maximum six months is permissible on a B2 visa
- If you want to request an extension, you have to submit the visitor visa extension application to the USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) with fees
The Procedures Involved In Getting a Visitor Visa for the USA
Always note that availing a visitor visa to the USA is subjected to approval. If you are an applicant, then you must have a valid passport. You also have to submit the application form, which should be duly filled along with the essential documents. You also have to pay the processing fees as it is a part of the application process. Lastly, you have to appear for the visitor visa interview at the nearest appropriate US consulate in your respective country. Here is the list of steps which depicts how to apply for a US Visa.
- Fill in Form DS-160
- Pay your application fee
- Schedule your visa interview at the consulate
- Compile the US Visa document file
- Attend the interview session
The Aspects of Filling Form DS-160
The form DS-160 is filed online. But you can take the print of the confirmation page to attend the interview session. In other words, the printout of the confirmation page is your ticket to participate in the interview session. Here is the list of questions about your personal information contained in the form DS-160.
- Your full name
- Your nationality
- Marital Status
- Information about your family
- Your educational qualifications
- Your residential as well as office address
- Your passport number
- Your passport book number
- Your mobile number
- Your place and date of birth
You can fill the DS-160 form online through the Consular Electronic Application Centre.
The Requirements for American Visa Application
After you have selected the USA B2 Visa you need to apply for, you should start collecting the documents that are required for a successful application process. Here is the list of requirements that are usually required to obtain a USA Visa.
- Confirmation page of the DS-160: Either you can opt to fill the DS-160 by yourself, or you can take the help of a third-party service who would do the needful on your behalf
- Passport: It is one of the most critical requirements. Moreover, your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your planned stay. Your passport should comprise of at least one blank page so that the visa can be affixed there
- Photograph: A photograph, most preferably of dimensions 5 x 5 cm is required during the application process. On the other hand, if you have already uploaded your photo while submitting the DS-160 form, then you do not need an additional photo
- A letter from a qualified doctor in case if you have a medical condition
- A letter of invitation if you are applying for the travel visa
- You also need to submit an ACRO certificate if the judiciary has accused you in the past
Usually, the questions that are asked in the visa interview are simple. A consular officer will interview you to determine your eligibility for the visa. Hence, you must establish that you meet the criteria under the US law to receive a permit.