Russia is a vast country with innumerable beautiful destinations to cover. To cover the large expanses of this country, you can choose many transport options but the best way would be to take advantage of the extensive rail network. Trains in Russia are both efficient and economical means of transport which covers almost every part of the country including some far-flung places.
Booking tickets for train journeys is also very easy and you can do that conveniently on #1 online service for Russian train tickets. There are a number of advantages which you can avail when you opt for train travel as your choicest mode of transport. Listed below are a few of them.
- Russian trains are almost always on schedule, so you can be assured of maintaining time.
- The carriages are all well maintained with comfortable seating.
- The tickets are fairly priced and you can get them at even lower rates for some early morning travel slots, if booked in advance.
- Train stations are located in the heart of the cities and connected through public transport which makes it far more convenient than going all the way to an airport located in the suburbs of a city.
- The experience of enjoying the stunning Russian landscape on board a train window is something not to be missed!
You will find three types of Russian trains
These type of trains are the newest addition to the Russian rail network. With the best of technologies, you can cover up to 250 km in an hour. The coaches are all fitted with state-of-the-art facilities and there is staff on board to offer any assistance required. The most popular route for this train is in between Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Long Distance Trains
This is one of the best ways to cover spectacular Russia. These trains take you to all the faraway places and the ticket cost is very reasonable, considering the distances it covers. The coaches are divided into various compartments based on their services and comforts, like recliner seats, sleeping cars, Pullman and chair cars.
If you are looking for day trips to the nearby areas of any city, then this is the best mode of transport. Tickets for these trains are issued as per the destined station and not for a specific train, so it is better to be careful while booking.
Russia has the largest rail network in the world which is known as Trans-Siberian Railway. It crosses through 87 cities and some of the most interesting places on its journey. It takes about 8 days to cover the whole of Russia starting from Moscow and going up to the last stop at Vladivostok. This fascinating route was developed in between 1891 and 1916 and has been attracting travellers from around the world since then. Take a look at Wikipedia to know more about this intriguing experience.
It is said that the Romance of Russia is best experienced through its train journeys. So what are you waiting for? Make an itinerary, start planning and book your train tickets online for a splendid and unforgettable holiday in Russia!