There are a wealth of destinations in the UK that make for an idyllic weekend away. You could stay over in classic English pubs to taste the local grub or go for long country walks through summer meadows or even take a romantic city break with your loved one. The dramatic landscapes of the Scottish Highlands or the chocolate-box Cotswold villages or the shops in Glasgow, the options are endless when looking for getaways from the UK
Here are some of the best weekend breaks that are just ideal for a short-haul getaway.
- Head for the Cotswolds best known for countryside ambles and Chocolate-box villages. You will find the ideal setting for a romantic countryside retreat and postcard-perfect surroundings. The hearty meal beside a roaring fire is well worth a visit.
- Explore the superb Yorkshire coastline for some great Caravan holidays. There are plenty of gold-standard caravans that are located near the coastal towns of Scarborough, Bridlington, and Filey. Cycle along the Tour de Yorkshire route and photograph the dramatic scenery. Look for Groupon discount codes to bring the costs down.
- Head for a rural family escapes this summer in Lancashire’s natural and historical treasures. The self-catering farm cottages are within the grounds of a working farm. Enjoy fresh farm produce as well as enjoy an exciting journey through muddy meadows.
- Peak District is famous for vintage interiors shopping and the glorious scenery around. Being here is like stepping back in time to the Victorian era. Browse the numerous antique and vintage furniture shops.
- Go camping at Castle Howard spread across breath-taking acres. Children love being here and camping here means enjoying excellent family holidays with lots of child-friendly walks and activities. The garden of fantastic trees and shady woodland playground keep the young amused and occupied.
- Waveney River Centre in Norfolk offers plenty of outdoor activities. The stunning riverside views and picturesque waterways are perfect for country pursuits. One can take long walks, go for cycle rides and enjoy bug hunts in the wildlife garden. You can hire rowing boats, kayaks and Canadian canoes for a fancy a riverside boat trip.
- Those interested in Woodland walks and nature spotting can head for New Forest. Enjoy spectacular views over the forest form a beautiful country house. One of the most interesting way to see the forest is by Pony hacking.
- Malham in the Yorkshire Dales is one of the most beautiful landscapes in England. The delightful village at its tranquil best lies in the southern Yorkshire Dales. One can go for short walks and enjoy looking at the stunning gorge of Gordale Scar. Enjoy some great fresh food at local farm shops.
- Enjoy the largest free air show in the country at Sunderland’s coast. You can go rock pooling on the beach or run across the vast stretch of sandy beaches. Build sandcastles, search for watery wildlife and paddle in the North Sea. Sunderland International Airshow is the largest free airshows in the UK that boast of amazing flying displays and features top aerial displays.
Bath, famous for its beautiful architecture is a favorite with locals and visitors alike, Enjoy fine dining in the relaxed and elegant atmosphere. Enjoy the famous Thermae Bath Spa to experience.