When planning to travel, most of us think of the clothes we’ll wear, and we get our travel documents in order but often forget to make a plan for the shoes you are going to wear. When traveling, you need to look good, feel comfortable, and your best shoes should fit in your carry-on luggage or your checked luggage. With that in mind, you may be wondering which shoes you should carry.
You are in luck because, in this article, we’ll highlight a list of all the types of travel-friendly shoes for you and you don’t have to fill a travel reimbursement form. However, before we get there, here are the things you should consider:
• Do you use orthopedics?
For your feet to stay happy, you should carry your orthopedics if you wear them. The best orthopedics shoes should have enough room for your shoes. This is of great importance in walking shoes.
• Do you need time to break them in?
Some shoes need getting used to before your feet feel comfortable and happy in them. To have an epic trip, break into your shoes before traveling. You can break into your shoes by dancing with them on; you can wear them when making your bed or when cleaning up. That way, you won’t feel uncomfortable wearing the shoes when on your trip.
• Get the right socks
You will wear closed shoes on your trip. To feel comfortable and to keep everyone around you happy, wear cotton socks. Cotton absorbs all sweat, and the socks will prevent your feet from getting wet and itchy.
• Weather conditions
Is the part of the world you are visiting hot or cold and, what are the expected weather conditions during your stay? If it is rainy most of the time, then you will need boots and waterproof shoes.
Your destination determines what you will wear, and you have to pick the right shoes for sandy, dusty, hot, cold, rocky or snowy conditions.
• How many pairs should you pack?
This is a question that everyone struggles with. For an awesome trip pack three pairs of shoes. Well, two pairs may work, but you need the four pairs as they serve different purposes. These three types of shoes include:
1. Walking shoes – for walks around the shopping malls, museums and the hotel for breakfast, you will need walking shoes which are available as trainers or sneakers. They should be easily adjustable, supportive, and comfortable. If you will be going for hikes, get high-quality hiking boots or shoes. Though bulky, they will do the job. Since the hiking boots are bulky, you should consider wearing them on transit to save on space.
2. Boots – you need boots if you are going to a cold place or if you require waterproof shoes. You can get low-cut boots that fit well. Boots are perfect as you can pair them with tights and jeans or even a summer dress. For men, the boots will work well with jeans.
3. Dress shoes – are you planning to visit the theatre or go out to a fancy dinner? Get the right shoes for the occasion. Ladies, you can try sandals that have a small heel or flat shoes with straps.
4. Flip flops – if you’ll visit the beach or you’ll go for a swim, you’ll need flip-flops. They also come in handy if you stay at a cheap hotel. You will also need flip-flops of you will be taking long walks on the beach, island hopping or if you will be visiting ancient temples.
The right shoes for men and women determine if you will enjoy your trip or not. You shouldn’t get the wrong shoes just because you couldn’t afford a particular brand of shoes. For this reason, you should make your plans in advance and take advantage of sales before the travel date.