The land of Alps and skiing is a perfect country for those looking for some fun and adventure. Known for snow-covered mountains, serene and clear lakes, chocolates and culture; it is a place that is a perfect fusion of something old and new. If all you dreamed was to visit Switzerland once in life then it is time to book your tickets and board the next flight. When I first visited the country, it felt like not just people but also nature is welcoming me with cool breeze blowing and aesthetics that simply captivated me. Save money on hotel bookings by reserving a room in advance and enjoy the winters of Switzerland that are peaceful and perfect for skiing.
So here is the list of things and places to go to when you visit Switzerland:
1. The Chillon Castle: Chateau de Chillon is must to be in your itinerary if you plan a trip to Switzerland. It is the oldest castle on the banks of Lake Geneva and has a lot to offer in terms of history and ancient culture. Many archaeologists visit the castle to know more about ancient Europe as the castle has more than 100 building, several dungeons, courtyards, etc that gives a majestic view of the place.
2. The Rhine Falls: You will be awestruck with the view of the largest waterfalls in Europe. The Rhine Falls as the myth says were formed during the ice age and still is the largest waterfalls if Europe. Schuss Laufen and Schloss Worth castle look beautiful from the fall and the firework on the National Day of Switzerland. So this should be the second must to visit place when you are visiting Switzerland.
3. The Swiss National Park: The background of Alps Mountains and greenery all round will make you relax and fall in love with nature. It is the home to exotic species of flora and fauna that you won’t find anywhere in Europe. If you are on honeymoon then you will love the serene environment of the park.
4. Matterhorn: 4478m high peak, Matterhorn Zermatt is popular amongst mountaineers, skiers, snowboarders, hikers and other adventure seekers. It is one of the most photographed peaks in the world and has the highest cable cars in the station that will help you travel and enjoy the scenic beauty of the peak.
5. Zurich: If you need a break from nature and want some urban dose then Zurich is your place. It is the metropolitan city with ethnic roots and has more than 100 art galleries and museums exhibiting the art and ancient culture. You can enjoy nightclubs at night and explore the galleries, malls, and museums at daytime. Many consider a trip to Switzerland is expensive but with offers at Bydiscountcodes you can book best of the hotels and resorts at reasonable prices.
A trip to Switzerland is incomplete if you haven’t gone for skiing; so make sure you keep that in your itinerary.