Here’s the deal.
I’m not a fan of baseball, or any team sports in general.
However, that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t expose my kids to everything out there, and not shed my opinion on them.
And, when I have the chance to do it in VIP style, even more so.
How can I possibly say no to that?
About 5 years ago, I took my kids to see the Iconic Red Sox of Boston, in the oldest US stadium play.
They lasted about 15 minutes. And since my husband, my brother nor I are big fans, we couldn’t justify to a two year old and an eight year old that me spending several hundred of dollars was good reason to stay.
So since then, I haven’t brought up going to another baseball game.
But with our PNC Diamond Club tickets in hand, my oldest boy got excited as I did to check it out.
Diamond Club, VIP Experience at the Washington Nationals Game – What to Expect
- VIP Entrance – you have your own separate entrance, and can easily cut the line. Which is a huge perk when the lines are long and the sun is bright
- Private dining – all you can eat free buffet and drinks, including beer and wine
- Outdoor seating for the private dining – this can either be done with a reservation or arriving early so you can enjoy the seating outdoors. We preferred the indoor seating because it was really hot that day.
- National anthem and first ceremonial pitch up close – we got to hear it all as though we were right there in the field with them
- Home plate seating – we were literally sitting at the home plate. You can get any better than that.
- Wait service – we had our own waitress bring us anything we wanted at absolutely no extra charge.
So I’m not going to lie. I don’t think I can ever do any sporting event in any other style other than VIP, premium way.
Call me spoiled, I’ll take it.
But I also see this as a great way to filter out what I do go and see. If VIP seating isn’t available. It’s not happening.
We were literally at arms length from all the action.
First ceremonial pitch – we heard it loud and clear.