My husband and I only get one or two times a year a chance to have a romantic couples getaway.
This is usually when we visit my family in the US. Grandma and Grandpa get to totally dote on their grand kids while we get to escape for a few days.
This year we headed to the Northeastern part where my parents have a house in New Jersey. So, of course, the most logical place to visit, that is definitely more adult-oriented than other places – Atlantic City!
And as always, I love to learn all I can from the Tourism Board and Elaine from the Atlantic City Tourism did not disappoint.
In the winter it’s not exactly the best place to go if you want to walk along the beach, however, it is a place to enjoy the royal treatment and gorgeous hotels.
Our pick was the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center.
Why this hotel?
For us it was for several reasons.
When I originally started planning our trip, we were determined to bring the new addition of our family – our puppy.
So I looked for hotels that were pet friendly.
The Sheraton in Atlantic City is super dog friendly and as a matter of fact most of the patrons here had a doggy with them. We weren’t able to come with her at the end since we were coming from Guatemala the international procedure was simply too complicated.
However, that wasn’t the only reason.
Atlantic City isn’t like Vegas, only the hotels long the main strip which is along the beach have the casinos in them.
My hubby and I are NOT into any form of gambling, not even the casual spin of machine, this wasn’t really what we were looking for.
However, the lights and the fun of this city goes way further than just casinos.
But the best part of all, we went all out and stayed in the Presidential Suite.
If you ever wondered if these suites were all that. You were wrong.
They were soooo much more and now I don’t know how I’ll ever stay in another type of room ever again.
I guess the only way was that even though our suite had six rooms and two bathrooms, it was a room for only two people.
I supposed I’d have to look for presidential suites for families when the time comes.
But for now, my husband and I truly enjoyed every moment of our short stay.
Tour Time – A Couples Getaway Presidential Suite at Sheraton Atlantic City
When you first enter the room you are in a large corridor leading in three directions:
Dining room, master bedroom and living room and office space.
The living room was huge and lavish with a TV larger than any I have ever seen.
And off of the living room was an office area.
The dining room is off of a small kitchen. Even though it is a full kitchen, they know really well that no one is going to waste their time cooking anything in there. But it did have great tea and coffee.
However, the best part of the dining room was this view of the strip at night.
However these rooms were simply a prelude to the master bedroom which was about 1000 square feet not counting the master bathroom.
A suite made for two.
The master bathroom was heavenly.
Mainly due to the bath which is actually a Jacuzzi.
Being on the floor with the Presidential Suite had even more perks to it. Even if you weren’t staying in the suite, the elevator only allowed people with certain keys to come to this floor.
Because it had an awesome lounge with coffee, tea, snacks, fresh fruit, a place to chill out and computers to use.
My husband never misses out on a good hotel gym experience. While I photograph him killin’ it on the treadmill. (Or about to.)
The pool is indoors and gorgeous, we didn’t bring our suits, otherwise we’d be in here splashing around.
For breakfast we hit the restaurant for the breakfast buffet.
Enjoy adult conversation time during breakfast.
More information about the Sheraton Atlantic City
Address: Two Convention Boulevard, Atlantic City, NJ, 08401, United States
- Traditional Guest Room
- Deluxe guest Room
- PURE® Allergy-Friendly Guest Room
- Club Guest Room
- Hospitality Suite
- VIP Suite
- Presidential Suite
- Boulevards Café – Enjoy breakfast daily in our Boulevards Café, featuring fresh choices such as hot oatmeal, yogurt parfait, and a chef’s omelet. Enjoy a buffet breakfast or order á la carte while overlooking the Atlantic City skyline. – HOURS | Daily 6:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Tun Tavern – Come and enjoy the lively atmosphere at Atlantic City’s only brewery & restaurant and winner of the Atlantic City Magazine’s Best Pub Food Gold Award, Tun Tavern. The restaurant serves daily lunch, dinner and specially crafted beers brewed on site. On weekend nights, Tun Tavern hosts live entertainment. – HOURS | Sunday – Tuesday 11:30 AM – 12:00 AM; Wednesday – Saturday 11:30 AM – 2:00 AM
- Shoe Bar – Connect with friends, family or colleagues over appetizers and cocktails in our Shoe Bar, themed with memorabilia from the Miss America Atlantic City boardwalk parade. Relax at the Shoe Bar and enjoy large LCD televisions and Wi-Fi access. – HOURS | Friday and Saturday 5:00 PM – 1:00 AM
- PAIRED – Inspired by global cuisine, worldwide tradition and local culture, Paired couples distinctive flavors to create unexpected taste sensations. We challenge our guests to break the rules and dine differently.
- Sheraton Club – Enjoy an elevated travel experience with Sheraton Club. Reserve a Sheraton Club guest room and receive exclusive access to our private Club lounge featuring complimentary breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres, all day snacks and beverages, and free Wi-Fi.
- Indoor and outdoor pools – Pool Hours: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM; Whirlpool Hours: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Fitness Center
- Dog Friendly
Sheraton Hotel provided us the room for free, but all opinions were my own.