What are fun travel games for kids? This is one of the most common questions I get asked by parents.
Entertaining the kids is, without a doubt, one of the most important things one can do while traveling. Or not only do we have bored kids on our hands but also whiny and annoying ones which usually leads to snapping parents.
The downside of bringing games with you while traveling is to make sure they don’t take up too much room. Or you can find yourself deciding between a board game or shoes that will be crucial for your long hike.
With two boys six years apart I have to find games that will entertain them both.
On our last trip to visiting my parents, my sons became addicted to the show ‘Chopped’ and they have been all about cooking and all things around it. Except, of course, the actual cooking in the kitchen to help mom, but who’s noticing that?
So when I was doing my travel games research and found Orchard Toys, I was thrilled to find Crazy Chefs game!
This is a food-themed card game where each player picks a ‘chef’ board with a different recipe – from lasagna to cupcakes – and matches the ingredient cards to their board. They must then spin the spinner to get their plate and wait for their meal to cook! Who will be the first to serve up a tasty treat?
The idea behind this game is super simple, but it really gets your mind in motion. Plus, it’s fun for all ages.
The box is tiny so can fit into a small backpack and be taken anywhere. This way you can have the kids play this if you are waiting for something, restaurant or chilling in your hotel or vacation rental.
Orchard Toys also offers a ton of variations of all-time favorites such as Domino, Lotto and Snakes, and Ladders produced in a smaller size, perfect for carrying around when you travel. They offer seven different options that make traveling with kids a lot more fun.
- Orchard Toys started out around a kitchen table making blocks and stencils for a local nursery school.
- It is now over 40 years old.
- They ship their products to over 50 different countries around the world.
- They produce and pack all of their products.
- ‘Learning made fun’ their motto and the heart of everything they do.
- Orchard Toys support East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH). It helps families throughout their experience of caring for children with life-threatening conditions and complex healthcare needs.
- Orchard toys also organize many fundraisers throughout the year to raise money for EACH.
Not only is this a great company for toys but their reach and service is one of the main reasons I have been going back to them for a lot of our travel games.
Their website is the best for shopping, in my opinion, because they also offer quite a few special offers and discounts.
Their Facebook page also keeps you in the loop for new games and more discounts.
And if you’re a Twitter users, check out their fun tweets on their Twitter.