Themed vacations are becoming more and more popular. People love them because they get to visit a cool destination and do one of their favorite activities during the same trip. Some hotels and even groups of them have started creating packages to cater to people looking for a themed vacation. There are tons of these sorts of holidays being offered out there, as many as hobbies, so I wouldn’t be able to name them all, but keep reading to learn about a few of the most popular ones.
6 Ideas for Themed Vacations
1. Yoga Retreats – Yoga is great for the body, mind and soul, and it has received a lot of attention lately. It seems like everyone wants to get some of its benefits. Plus, most yoga retreats also offer meditation workshops and health workshops. That’s why a lot of hotels started offering yoga retreats or classes as part of their amenities.
If this is something you’d like to try, when you plan your trip, search for these sort of hotels, they will be more than happy to help you plan a vacation that works around yoga.
2. Bingo Holidays – This one was a totally new one for me, and honestly I never knew existed. I read about Bingo Holidays in Titan Bingo Magazine and loved this idea. I guess I’m not the only one who thinks so. A ton of hotels, mostly the larger ones, have noted this and are now including places where people can go and enjoy some bingo after a day of exploring the destination.
Photo by: Play Among Friends Paf
3. Wildlife Viewing Holidays – This is one that I have been able to experience personally. In Central America (where I have lived and traveled for years), it doesn’t really matter where you go, you will find national parks, reserves, sanctuaries and rescue centers. This means that wildlife viewing and enjoying nature is a must.
4. Romantic Getaways – This has to be by far one of the most popular themed vacations ever! It is an awesome thing to be able to spend some time, way from everything, in a beautiful place where everything is set up for romance with your significant other.
I don’t think I need to tell you how easy it is to find a hotel, restaurant or attraction that can arrange or contribute with this sort of holiday. There are packages and offers everywhere.
5. Golfing Holidays – I am not a professional golfer, and it is not my number one hobby, but I have been able to stay on golf resorts and to receive a couple of lessons. During those trips I didn’t focus only on golfing.
Golfing itself is a lot of fun and the hotels or resorts are always very relaxed and private. Plus, I am aware that there some of these golf courses or resorts set up tournaments for their customers, I bet they are a lot of fun.
6. Sports Fishing Holidays – When I lived in Costa Rica we had a super experience of sports fishing. The actual trip was around 3 hours long, but the exhilaration of catching a Rooster Fish was something that my family and I will remember for life. Even if you’re not a fishermen, doing this just once will be awesome.