Roads of Cuba – Photo Essay

Being on the road in Cuba is without a totally different experience. For one, there are no advertisements at all. The only ‘ads’ you see are about the revolution and celebrating over  half a century of revolution.

The cars are mainly classics from the 40’s and 50’s and some of the most unique motorcycles I’ve ever seen drive past you!

But the best part, there are hardly any cars, no traffic and the roads, funny enough, are great!

Revolutionary Art – Cuban Streets

Revolutionary Art - Cuban Streets - Havana Cuba

Socialism Signs and Banners Along the Cuban Roads

Socialism Signs and Banners Along the Cuban Roads

Cuba Highways

Cuba Highways

More Cuba Highways- Empty

Cuba Highway

Cars on a Cuba Highway

Cars on a Cuba Highway

For More Great Info Get Your Book NOW!

Be Sociable, Share!
Be Sociable, Share!

About Marina Kuperman Villatoro

Marina Kuperman Villatoro CEO of TravelExperta.com, a travel resource site to inspire families to travel with kids of all ages. Marina has been an expat 10+ years in Central America raising 2 boys in a multicultural, trilingual household. She travels all over the world with her family to give first hand experiences of where to eat, stay and play with kids. Needless to say, it’s never boring!
Join Marina on Facebook and Twitter for more unique and boutique family travel!

9 Responses to Roads of Cuba – Photo Essay

1. Steve says:

I’ve always thought Cuba must have some of the greatest mechanics in the world considering how long they manage to keep their cars running. Of course, with no traffic and great roads, I guess accidents are a whole lot rarer too. Looks like a fun place to go driving.
    Steve recently posted..Something Stunning in D.C.My Profile

2. Sonja Key says:

They must have some great auto mechanics to keep all those old cars running!
    Sonja Key recently posted..Photo Friday: Spring at KeukenhofMy Profile

3. How cool! It’s like stepping back in time to see all those classic cars. Thanks for the insight on Cuba – a country that I’ve found fascinating but unreachable to visit as Americans (for now).
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Yellowstone Attractions with KidsMy Profile

4. Kyla says:

Wow! you did a wonderful shot. And do a long drive in their long high ways in Cuba.
    Kyla recently posted..Athletes foot symptomsMy Profile

5. Vicky says:

Ah, clear roads and the sun shining down on you in your soft top – driving in Cuba sounds lush! Really hope I get there next year. I’d love to see all the old style cars whizzing by.
    Vicky recently posted..#InspireTravel: Who, What, When and WhereMy Profile

6. Lisa says:

Cuban cars are amazing! Everyone I know who’s travelled to Cuba returns with vintage car shots that arguably you couldn’t get anywhere else in the world. Great photos!

7. Rebelfone says:

Hi,
    As everybody said, I would also say the same thing that Cuba cars are great! I wonder How those cars are still running.