Snorkeling and Roatan can almost be synonymous. With crystal clear blue waters and the second largest barrier reef in the world what you end up getting is simply one of the most perfect spots to snorkel. These are the two main things to do in Roatan for visitors. But ANYONE can slap on some fins, a mask and snorkel and hit the reef. That’s why when I heard about the Underwater Museum my interest was piqued and I contacted them to find out what they were all about.
Discover how much fun traveling in Honduras can be.
And lucky for us I did!
What is so special about Snorkeling an Underwater Museum in Roatan?
1. What the owners of Monterroso’s museum did was place artifacts underwater that tell the history of the island starting from when the indigenous lived here to the Spaniard take over to when the Pirates finally dominated the Bay Islands of Honduras.
2. The twist with the museum is you learn about the history while viewing it underwater with all sorts of marine life all around it.
3. The tour takes approximately one hour which is just long enough before the kids start to get antsy or tired.
4. Monterroso’s has snorkeling gear for all ages of kids and adults.
5. The Grand Finale – you get to finish the tour snorkeling along the second largest barrier reef in the world and get to see all the colorful fish that live off this magnificent work from Mother Nature!
Encuentra otras cosas que hacer en tu viaje a Roatan, Honduras.
My Take On It:
By the time we arrived for our tour in Roatan we had been on the Island for around four days full of adventures. And I have to say this one was without a doubt one of our highlights. The museum is located in Sandy Bay which is about 15 minutes from West End or West Bay and easy to get to by taxi or rental.
Monterroso’s actually started out as a sports fishing outfit, Early Bird Fishing Charters. They have a large selection of boats and all sorts of charters going out for in-shore, off-shore or multi-day packages.
Thank you so much for such a great tour!